which ATI drivers are the best?

BladeTurbo

Reaction score
i know we've all talked about the best video card to use, but i don't think i've seen a thread on which drivers are the best for HL2. right now i use the catalyst from ATI.com for my Radeon 9800 pro 256mb . i know there are some 3rd party drivers, so which is the best?

I'd wait.

ATI releases drivers every month and they still haven't released any for November yet.

Omega drivers are good - but usually follow a few days afterwards.

-Larry

om3g4 is t3h sux0r

DO NOT USE OMEGA DRIVERS, I REPEAT, DO NOT USE THIS CRAP

USE Catalyst 4.10

As a general rule, the latest official drivers are the ones you want. This goes for any hardware. Although in ATi's case, whether or not those drivers are actually the "best" depends on which way the wind is blowing.

wilka91 said:
om3g4 is t3h sux0r

DO NOT USE OMEGA DRIVERS, I REPEAT, DO NOT USE THIS CRAP

USE Catalyst 4.10

Either this guy doesn't have any idea what he's talking about, or he's just being stupid.
You know, since I really love how stock ATI drivers don't allow overclocking and all that.
There's a reason people use Omega Drivers, and it's because they don't suck. Don't let one person's bad experience with them (he probably didn't follow instructions) ruin it for you.

wilka91 u need to immediately turn back and run as fast as possible.

Ok, back to thread, omega drivers are most optimised and popular (if u know whats good for ya) drivers out there.

Back