Which Counter Strike would you choose??????

Which CS would you choose?????

• Counter Strike Source

Votes: 232 75.3%
  • Counter Strike 1.6

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • They both are a waste of time

Votes: 40 13.0%
  • Whats a poll??

Votes: 9 2.9%

• Total voters
'would'? more like 'do'

I only play CSS. 1.6 is for chumps.

I really dont understand why some people think 1.6 plays better. BS IMO. Hell, my K/D ratio is much improved since 1.6 days.

Well, I said CS:S, and well, I think it is just hands down way better. So, yeah, thats what I think.

sorry but i didn't put that one in there because all it is, is a reskin of 1.6

CSS of course. When I play 1.6, its for the hell of it and for stuff like other maps, Superheroes mod, WC3 mod, etc.

Quick question
On Counter Strike: Source, is there or will there be any mods such as Warcraft, Superhero ect.

Easy. Source. Actually I was hovering near the "they both suck" option, but i've put in double the time into CS:S that i've clocked on CS 1.6 and I'm almost beginning to like playing it.

I still suck rather chronically though.

1.6 is old school? what?

here's me with a couple years [since 5.2] of CS gaming under my belt, and now 1.6 is old school? jesus christ

that said, i'd prefer CS 1.3 on the source engine with the crappy models/physics fixed. that would be pretty cool.

1.6 is far more balanced (and I dun wanna hear anything about the shield, anyone with an ounce of skill can take out someone using one easily) and plays alot better.
CS:S is for gfx chumps IMO
"OMG! It looks so much better, thusly it's superior!" pfft
:D
what 'bout cs:cz
o_O
You've said the un-holy words...die...die now.
lol

i like css but it has lost...something in its conversion to source. i play both but i would only consider 1.6 for competition for the time being. i play css when i feel like a change or i want to kills some newbies :p . im still accused of being a hacker in css so its almost like 1.6 again :/

counter-strike is a terrible game. i've yet to meet any CS players that aren't worthless

CS:S. The only complaint I have is the M4's fire rate, it seems a lot faster than 1.6.

CS:S dosent have surf maps. :D
counter-strike is a terrible game. i've yet to meet any CS players that aren't worthless
Wow... what a worthless post... good job.
:thumbs:

Now this just may be me but I like 1.6 because of the Warcraft and the Superhero, there just fun. And Source in my opinion and skill is more difficult than 1.6 maybe its just the surroundings and the new models messing with my head.

O well. :cheers:

1.6 takes more skill than cs:s... I just own way too much in cs:s, headshots are so easy... where as in 1.6 I was only a little bit better than average.

nyarlotep said:

Only people who hate cs are those who have either, 1) Not played it, 2) Suck at it 3) Are dead.

Jackathan said:
1.6 takes more skill than cs:s... I just own way too much in cs:s, headshots are so easy... where as in 1.6 I was only a little bit better than average.
Agreed. Though I think with some hitbox tweaking it could make CS:S a bit harder.

Also, when it comes to popularity, I think we can just leave the talking to the numbers:
http://steampowered.com/status/game_stats.html

i think with css, you own so much cause alot more noobs like me who don't play 5 year old games are involved

polyguns said:
i think with css, you own so much cause alot more noobs like me who don't play 5 year old games are involved
His example has nothing to do with the skill level of others.

Though, you do make a point for the over-all difficulty of playing against the average CS:S player. :imu:

CS:S.

I play 1.6 or CZ ONLY with my friends. CS:S is MUCH nicer graphically, my eyes hurt from the horrible CS1.6 graphics.

Besides...

I'm better in CS:S :)

I like them both, 1.6 is graphically challenged but the gameplay rocks. Source has kick ass graphics but the gameplay isn't as great as I thought it would be. O well, no game is perfect, or atleast to me. For some reason I also lag in Source, I have cable but maybe its just I'm playing in with people in Europe.... :cheers:

It's had over a month to catch on. If CS 1.6 players really wanted to they'd switch by now... but they havent.
Hmmm...
:rolling:

Then again, anyone with a 6 year old computer can play CS.

heh CS 1.6 can run on anything but a can of coke. :)

I play CS:S. Because, well i hated CS, but somehow CS:S works, and its fun. There is something insanely satisfying about throwing a grenade in a window, and then having the enemy come flying out the door.

Back