Which Counter Strike would you choose??????

Which CS would you choose?????

• Counter Strike Source

Votes: 232 75.3%
  • Counter Strike 1.6

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • They both are a waste of time

Votes: 40 13.0%
  • Whats a poll??

Votes: 9 2.9%

• Total voters
you guys are nutts!..! How can you choose the source over the classic 1.6! ****ing retarded bitch ass dick sucking emo retards!

Cuban4Hire said:
1.5 is the way to go
(agreed)

Option C. I wouldn't have ever touched it if it wasn't for friends.

1.6, I hate walking into a barrel, only to have the ****ing thing push me.
It's like it's starting shit.
It WANTS me to kick its ass, so it pushes me! :O

My mouse is too ****ed to play CSS and I can't be bothered installing CS 1.6 again...

1.6 is rubbish, get with the program :p
there is nothing better than source imo.

Only thing I don't like about Source is that its much more difficult. I was pretty good in 1.6 but now I feel like I'm new to the CS world.

CS:S becaus of the additional possibilities with mapping.
otherwise, 1.6 and :S are exaclty the same...

Maelstrom116 said:
Quick question
On Counter Strike: Source, is there or will there be any mods such as Warcraft, Superhero ect.

It all depends on mod teams.

eediot said:
1.6 is old school? what?

here's me with a couple years [since 5.2] of CS gaming under my belt, and now 1.6 is old school? jesus christ

that said, i'd prefer CS 1.3 on the source engine with the crappy models/physics fixed. that would be pretty cool.

agreed

source is just too random/battlefieldish (movement) at the moment.

(this is competetively playing)

counter strike source of course! o_O 1.6 looks so ugly now i couldnt possibly play it again.

Well, from hearing everyones response to my question. 1.6 sounds as if the game play is more appealing to other people, and all I've heard so far about Source is just "I can't play 1.6 because my eyes hurt from looking at it."

CS 1.6, all the way. After playing in a nice clan for years, and just hitting the "awesome" mark, it's just too much of a change to play cs:s. I get upset when the maps aren't the way they used to be, and the new physics elliminate the need for 1.5/6 tricks I endlessly practiced. CSS looks fancy, but that's about as far as it goes. The noob:good ratio seems to be around 20:1, too.

I think alot of people have the "ooo! shinny thing!" mentality when it comes to CS:S.

Im a pretty big n00b to CS:S (I didnt play 1.6 ;( ) but the hit-boxes seem to be screwed :p . Is it just me?

Yea, I like them both, just depends if I'm in the mood to just mess around have a fun time (1.6) or be serious and focused (Source) :afro:

Dipso said:
heh CS 1.6 can run on anything but a can of coke. :)

I play CS:S. Because, well i hated CS, but somehow CS:S works, and its fun. There is something insanely satisfying about throwing a grenade in a window, and then having the enemy come flying out the door.

It wont run on my can of coke!?!?! :frown: What about Dr Pepper?

CS:S seems more arcady than 1.6, is was on 1.6 last night. Everyone took there time and assset everything, it was great

source isnt just graphicly better, it is also more realistic (i think), and there are loads of hackers and stuff on cs 1.6. what does btw mean?

Maelstrom116 said:
OMG ^^^^ moron lol

Ever hear of sarcasm? :rolleyes:
And personally I prefer CS:Source for the graphics, however shallow that makes me, but its so preeetty. :E

1.6 is better hit obxes are tidier unlike sauce where u shoot at there feet and headshot them

i like 1.6 better

but i got use to source and now i play like crap in 1.6 so i vote for source

lol I would say CS beta 2.2 was one of the best, because it was the almost original.

Hearing from responses it seem that the beta(s) are better than the others, whats so good about them, better gameplay, hitboxes????

Maelstrom116 said:
Yes, I have heard of sarcasm.

Should have said 'nooo...i've NEVER heard of sarcasm :D '

Anyway my vote is for Source...never really played CS before (although there are no real tactics - its either rush a site or kill all)

Suppose you have to be in a team for that kinda thing...

Yea, once you get into Counter Strike alot of it can be full of tactics and yes the point of the game is to eliminate the enemy but it is also necessary to acheive your objective. If you do not achieve your objective then you get less money, and less money is bad.

CS:Source. 1.6 had messed up recoil. Every time you shoot a gun it feels like you're a 10 year old who can barely hold it. In source you can actually kill someone with an AK that's 3 meters away from you withought waiting 3 seconds between each shot.

The thing that pisses me off most about Counter Strike: Source is that the hit boxes are so jacked up. Someone wasn't even close to me when they shot me, somehow with a magic bullet, I was killed with a head shot. :eek:

Back