Which Deus Ex ending did you choose? (spoilers?... original Deus Ex)

Which ending?

• Join the Illuminati

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • New Dark Age

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Merge with Helios

Votes: 19 76.0%

• Total voters

MultiVaC

Tank
Reaction score
I was just talking to my sister about the endings of Dues Ex, and which was the best one to choose. I'm wondering which one you guys chose, it's interesting because it can be a difficult choice. Poll coming up.

I did the merge with helios... the god in a machine thingy

I never played through it again to see the others :( does anybody have a vid of the others, or cheat codes so i can see them ?? that'd be super

Merge with Helios is the only non-violent ending in the game (apart from you killing the NSF Leader in the Boeing 747 to continue the story), while the other 2 require you to kill someone (Illuminati - Bob Page, Dark Age - The mechanic in the shut-down system area/Bob Page in the cutscene afterwards).

Me, I chose the Helios ending first (though I did kill quite a few people in the game, except Anna Navare, just shoot her until she opens the front door for you by running away from you in UNATCO HQ, and Gunther even comments on it the Paris Cathedral !).

Definately the Helios ending. Seemed the most sensible one.

Anyone else have trouble chosing which ending to go for in Invisible War? They all seemed so bad.

Well It's easy to see all 3 endings without restarting the game, just save at the last level and load from there, so i saw all 3 endings in an hour, wish you had put a ALL THREE in the poll.

Well i did the same thing with invisible war, finished all 4 endings in around two hours, the endings were very varied, but not as satisfying as DE1's endings.(anyone saw the Omanse ending?)

off topic, but you don't have to kill the guy in the plane. you can finish the game without killing anyone at all except Anna Navarre. you have to kill her before Alex will give you the key to leave UNATCO HQ.

you block Anna from killing the NSF leader (Lebedev) in the plane by getting a big crate from the hangar and blocking the entrance to his end of the jet. you don't have to kill him, and she can't get at him to kill him. you need the strength aug.

i liked how they did DX:IW as if you chose all three DX1 endings at once - i guess they knew most ppl did that ;)

shad3r said:
you can finish the game without killing anyone at all except Anna Navarre. you have to kill her before Alex will give you the key to leave UNATCO HQ.

Read the spoiler in my post above. This means that you can pass Deus Ex without any lethal action at all ! :)

I think I chose to join the illuminati first off, then I just did the other 2 endings later. Helios was probably the best ending imho.

I chose the helios ending, it was so cool. I picked helios because I didn't like that illuminati guy, and I didn't feel like listening to Tracer Tong anymore. Plus I wanted teh uber AI

In DX:IW I chose the other helios ending, the ending was so cool, how th camera spiraled up the statue of liberty with Helios speaking in the backround. Gave me chills

i saved the game after i was given a choice, since i knew there'd be 3 endings to choose from.

the first time i did the Helios thing...just seemed to be the best option out of the three. then i went back and did the other two.

Saved before finishing the last level, though if I'd have to choose, it would be the dark age.

Merge with Helios

But then i went back a beat the game another 4+ times. Seen all endings.

Seen 'em all, but helios was the one I originally went with and is still my favourite. BTW Deus Ex Invisible War was too bad for me to play through until the end, could someone give me a link that decently describes the endings of it? I've tried reading some walkthroughs, but hey dont really say much.

Merge with Helios

I've seen them all, but that was the one I chose first. It just made the most sense, really. With the Dark Age you destroy the world, so it was either rule the world and share it with others, or rule the world as an omnipresent, omnipotent digital God.

Seen 'em all, but helios was the one I originally went with and is still my favourite. BTW Deus Ex Invisible War was too bad for me to play through until the end, could someone give me a link that decently describes the endings of it? I've tried reading some walkthroughs, but hey dont really say much.

you really should just play it through, the videos that play are better than some writeup of what happened

Neo_Kuja said:
Read the spoiler in my post above. This means that you can pass Deus Ex without any lethal action at all ! :)

omg that means i'll have to play it thru again to get a zero kill count. DX is much more fun in non-violent mode...

apologies for the lack of spoiler tags in my prev post

Back