Which HL2 package are you getting?

Which one

• Total voters
I'm getting the normal edition. In the future i may get the CE but I'll probably end up getting the edition of HL2 when they package it with TF2...hopefully some day. I'd really like to ask valve how work is going on that game btw and/or if it's on hold.

If the collector's edition had expanded and added to the gameplay instead of adding little extras, then I would consider buying it.

but it won't. i bet it just comes w/ a poster and a special case. lol.

[SPOLIER]o_O![/SPOLIER]

Collectors Edition all the way. If i'm gonna buy the game I might as well buy the best.

NJD2003 said:
Collectors Edition all the way. If i'm gonna buy the game I might as well buy the best.
If you want to 'buy the best', you might as well get the traditional package, Half-Life 2 is already 'the best', the collector's edition is really 'the best' with some useless extras.

I agree Half-Life 2 is the best, but its like saying you just want a DVD movie with just the movie and no extras. Extras, I think are a major selling point with DVD's (And quality of the picture of course).

Im buying the Collectors Edition, but i also have the ati offer which i will use to get hl2 from steam. 2 hl2s for me :)

getting the CE and a normal version :)
really looking forward to the CE version tho ;)

* Shuzer thinks he's all cool with his unique way of saying things!

:p ;)

I want to get the CE version very badly, but I just don't have the money. :(

I would, but I just bought a game so, :(

You should have specified between the steam buying and 'renting' option (which is, for now, off the table, according to Gabe). I'm going for Steam, just so I can avoid the frustration waiting for the mail-order to arrive or rushing around to all the retailers the day it's supposed to be in stores (they never have them when they say).

I'll be getting collectors if my local store has it, but it all depends on when it comes out. Right now I'm in a little small POS town in Alabama, so if it comes out while I'm still here I'll be lucky to get a Walmart version. I go back to California in early September for school though, so I should be able to get a collectors' then. :)

CE all the way...err...heres hoping that it will made available to Australian shores :O

Well, I hope I can get the CE. I've prepaid $75 to EB for the standard SKU a year ago, and since game prices have come down a lot, I'm going to see if I can switch my preorder to the CE. I don't think Valve is going to scrimp on the CE like other developers. Bungie is putting what looks like a pretty good deal of stuff in their CE, don't see why Valve can't outpace them.

Back