Which version will you buy?

Which version do you plan to buy?

• Retail - Single Player only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Retail - SP+MP (mod-able)

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • Retail - Special Edition SP+MP (mod-able) (with cool, TBD content)

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Steam - SP+MP (mod-able) (one time payment)

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Steam - $9.95/month Subscription (get all Valve titles at no extra charge)

• Not planning to buy HL2 at all

• Total voters

trantjd

Reaction score
Apologies to Abom, if you'd like to delete this, feel free. I know that GameVoodoo has posted a similar poll, but it didn't have all the options that people will have and as such doesn't do much good, in my opinion. I'm hoping that this can give everyone a good idea of which of the 5 purchase options outlined by Gabe (doesn't sound like SP only over steam is an option at this point).

Who knows, maybe Valve can even get an idea of what people want from this. Feel free to back up your choice in a post, but please let's refrain from having this become a discussion of why one way is better. There are plenty of other threads for that.

To reiterate, which version will you purchase, and why?

Yay. Another "omg there's different version which will you buy omg steam omg gabe omg! this sucks! OMG" ;)

if theses lies are true, i think i'll take off my pre-order and wait til' valve becomes smart.

Retail - SP+MP (mod-able)!

I'll see what the steam thingy will bring in the future

Retail SP/MP.
Hopefully in the first week to its release :)

I'm so excited :bounce:

Originally posted by thehunter1320
if theses lies are true, i think i'll take off my pre-order and wait til' valve becomes smart.

This is true, Gabe has e-mailed two different people saying that it was him. He's also replied in the thread using his account.

It would be stupid to cancel your preorder because NOTHING HAS CHANGED. We're still getting exactly what we thought we were getting (Buy from Store, Download off Steam, Collector's Edition). Just we are getting more options (Buy Single Player Only from Store, Subscribe to all Valve games for $10 a Month).

You forgot an option: download SP for free ;)

I am buying SP+MP on cd, I'm not screwed if something happens with my account and I don't have to download it. I would buy over steam if I could get it in the same day, but that doesn't look likely.

Originally posted by Demonmerc
You forgot an option: download SP for free ;)

lol, yeah, I decided to keep it limited to legal options, so sue me! :cheese:

Although, technically I don't think that the "not buying HL2 at all" option should be legal!

wow, look at the numbers. Valve has to be pissed at whoever came up with this idea.

Originally posted by DjBourgeoisie
dvd version if its out when cd version is.

Damn, I forgot about DVD options...although we still don't know which versions will be DVD... oh well

Why would anyone buy single-player only? I think that's a stupid idea, unless it's 10-20 bucks at most.

Omg, valve is making a big mistake and is going to lose more money on making SP only boxes and fabricating the CD's.

A TOTAL WASTE!

I HOPE THERE IS NO SP RETAIL VERSION!

I guess the only person that would want the SP only version would be someone without internet connection whatsoever, but you'd think someone like this wouldn't be into computers too much anyways and probably wouldn't know about Half-Life 2. The part of Half-Life that appealed to the masses was the multiplayer and mods, not the single player.

Originally posted by BWMASTER
Omg, valve is making a big mistake and is going to lose more money on making SP only boxes and fabricating the CD's.

A TOTAL WASTE!

I HOPE THERE IS NO SP RETAIL VERSION!

Well, obviously most people on this forum aren't going to be buying the SP only version. It only makes sense, but I assure you that there are tons of people out there who would be more than happy to forgo MP to save $20 or so. I know plenty of people who loved HL SP, but never played MP or a single mod.

Has the Sp/Mp version the editor included?

(Don't flame me, I don't know this has been posted yet?)

What does modable means?? That you can use the editor on the game objects??

Originally posted by Kenny
Has the Sp/Mp version the editor included?

(Don't flame me, I don't know this has been posted yet?)

What does modable means?? That you can use the editor on the game objects??

I don't think we've heard yet which versions will have the editor in the box although it will be available for download at some point.

When I said mod-able, I meant that that version could handle mods. The SP version will not work with mods.

lol I accidently placed my vote the wrong place.

I meant for the special edition but choose the SP+mp retail...anyways it'll probably be the special edition...but both content and price will descide if I think it's worth it. other wise the full retail package.

btw. what does the TBD stand for?

Originally posted by PriNcE oF SpAcE
lol I accidently placed my vote the wrong place.

I meant for the special edition but choose the SP+mp retail...anyways it'll probably be the special edition...but both content and price will descide if I think it's worth it. other wise the full retail package.

btw. what does the TBD stand for?

To Be Determined

Back