which will be the best FPS of 2004(reviewed edition)

which one will be the best FPS for 2004

• Half-Life 2

Votes: 57 62.6%
  • Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Doom 3

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Far Cry

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Halo 2

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Counter-Strike:Condition Zero(i dn´t thk it wl cm out this year)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Duke Nukem Forever (just kidding)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Breed (some peple like it!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Votes: 11 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sprafa

Tank
Reaction score
I opened this poll on several other forums already and I wanted to open it here too (just to check out if everybody here will vote HL2)

If you think I left one out just post which one and i´ll try to add it.
Also if you vote post why.

I voted Doom III. I'm getting sick and f*cking tired of waiting for Half-Life2. And those new Doom III screens sure did surprise!!! DOOM ME!!!

Half-Life 2 or S.T.A.L.K.E.R (I'll add that now, it's a definite contender). I'll vote Half-Life 2, I'm just that little bit more excited about it.

STALKER

i thought STALKER was an RPG that was why i didn´t post it.
but I also thing that it will be a great game.

Re: STALKER

Originally posted by Sprafa
i thought STALKER was an RPG that was why i didn´t post it.
but I also thing that it will be a great game.

It has RPG elements, but it's mainly a FPS. Looks fantastic, too.

Counter Strike:Condition Zero game of the year....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:rolleyes:

Doom III or stalker hands down. HL2 is in the running but im starting to like doomIII more and more. :)

Originally posted by Neutrino
Counter Strike:Condition Zero game of the year....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:rolleyes:

There was one guy on an other forum that started spaming in this tread because of it- that´s the reason why I put it on the list

I'm looking forward to HL2 and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

I think both of them will kick most other games' asses bigtime. Superior graphic and gameplay is some of the key elements to those games.
Doom3 will probably kick just ass much ass, but for me it doesn't even come close to HL2. I don't like the feeling of that game. Don't really know why, it's just not my kinda game.
Call me a hl2 fanboy, because that is what i am.

Stalker is kinda special. It's not american like most other games, and i see that as a positive thing. They will most likely bring something fresh to the industry, be that in gameplay or graphics. I want that game too..

I voted for MoH PA. It has anything I could ask for in a WWII game.

Im sick and tired of the repetitiveness with HL2. There is never anything new. Face it, valves perfect project was ruined, and they need to find a DAMN good way to get the hype going again.

I voted for DOOM3, But I am hoping that HL2 will have the technology to beat both STALKER and DOOM3.

The real war is between STALKER and HL2.

I voted Far Cry, because well, that's on the top of my want list :)

Originally posted by crushenator 500
lmao , so far not one person has voted for halo 2 :cheese:

ahahahahahahaha. that's put me in a good mood. where are all these Halo fans disappearing to? i know you're out there. don't be shy we won't laugh, or at least they won't but i'll laugh like a maniac on acid.

I believe that I will enjoy Halo 2 the most. Halo 1 to me was nothing short from amazing. Great story, gameplay, graphics, sound, ETC. After seeing the movies of Halo 2, I think it will just kick butt. Now thats just my opinion on it. I really liked Halo 1. All those games in the Poll were all very good games. Good Choices!

As long as the Halo 2 enviornments aren't as bland and repetitive as they were in Halo, I'd get it.

I'm more excited about half life 2 than naything, I wanna continue the story, plus I love what they did with physics and the manipulator etc. I can have endless fun playing with that.

then its Doom 3 for me, I loveed doom I, and it looks really good. I don't care how the monsters look, the more demonic and frightening the better. They're from frikken hell, they should be crazy looking. I want me some imagination. I hope they have good physics and whatnot too, and I want to be able to actually use them. I don't want physics just for the novelty of it.

I voted for Halo 2, i disregarded HL2 cos if i didn't think it was gonna own everything i wouldn't spend so much time on the forums. So after HL2, i think Halo 2 will be the best :)

I voted for Stalker, but I think that almost all the games listed are going to be really good.

Regardless of what will be the goty, its going to be a golden year for all gamers :)

yay, I'm the only one that voted for Far Cry :)

If HL2 comes next year, it has a good chance. Doom III is going to be pretty hard to beat. (These are the two kings of gaming people!)

However best console game of 2004 is definitely going to Halo 2. :dork:

Originally posted by Sn7
If HL2 comes next year, it has a good chance. Doom III is going to be pretty hard to beat. (These are the two kings of gaming people!)

However best console game of 2004 is definitely going to Halo 2. :dork:

I watched a clip from Halo 2 some time ago, and it looked really nice. The scene was in some sort of futuristic (go figure!) city and there were team mates all over the place. It looked really good but I deleted for some reason I don't really know...maybe I should download it again. Or what about that new film, Behind the scenes thingy. Hmm...?

Ya, the behind the scenes has a few clips from various H2 stuff, like the fabled 5 second clip. :)

You can find the orignal e3 demo on Halo's site http://halo.bungie.net/, everyone must watch that!

I guess HL2 is winning this thing lol, I can see why :cheese:

Vote: Halo 2 , I love it as much as HL2.

this is going pretty well

this thread is having a pretty good impact here, even considering that HL2 (as predicted) is winning by a s***load of vots.

I here and now ask the moderators to include in the poll (by popular demand) UT2004 since i can´t edit it anymore.
:borg:

imo, hl2 and doom have a huge advantage over the others due to the pedigree of their lineages. in terms of the technical issues, they may not match up to stalker or farcry or whatever, but id and valve have a tremendous advantage due to 1)experience 2)backstory. so i think hl2 and doom should be the best of the crop. i voted hl2 b/c hl1 was such a great game, and i find the techno-demon on mars thing a bit quaint.

doom3 is very hard to beat, and i really don't think hl2 will beat doom3...unless something big happens...i would have voted doom3 over hl2

Doom III is looking better to me every day. I voted for it, but I'm sure as soon as some new Half-Life 2 media is released I'll be changing my mind.

I voted for Doom³ also. I have always felt that i would just get more enjoyment out of the game. The Doom³ technology is the best looking out of any upcoming game, hands down.

And it's much more capable than most people think. People don't realize that the 4 player MP is just a nod to the old dooms, and not a technical limitation, nor do they realize the small spaces are a design decision to create the right kind of tension for the game, and not a technical limitation. And there will be plenty of open areas in Doom³ anyway.

It's very moddable, as moddable as HL2 is.

It just seems like the better game and technology all around.

It depends which game comes out on time LoL...That is the real question.

wait a second...are my eyes playing tricks on me....all of a sudden Doom III has 50 votes and HL2 has 40....a little help here please...

3-way tie:

DOOM looks like the best game in general, but I personally think that the entire idea of demons is stupid. They just aren't as cool as mutants and aliens. I also prefer less limited environments. It outweighs its stupidity with just looking like pure, mindless fun though.

HL2 has the physics, and a plot that you can bank on. If it's at all like the last game, it'll be like playing a good action movie for tens of hours.
All indications are that it will be fun. And the whole concept just works for me.

Stalker was 3rd place for me at first, but the more I see of it, the better it seems. When I found out that NPCs can actually report things that they see in real time, it got cool to the point of being a tie with the other two. The concept work is also very nice.

I don't know/care as much about the others, so I'm not going to make any opinions just yet.

HALO 2 u friggin retards. first off its designed to play on a GEFORCE 3 64 MEGS OF RAM, 2nd its using BUMPMAPPING, thus its models are actually lower poly than HALO 1 goddamn do ur research!

Originally posted by waedoe
HALO 2 u friggin retards. first off its designed to play on a GEFORCE 3 64 MEGS OF RAM, 2nd its using BUMPMAPPING, thus its models are actually lower poly than HALO 1 goddamn do ur research!

What the hell? How could any of the points you mentioned make Halo the FPS of 2004?

oh shit i thought you ment umm FRAMES PER SECOND

Back