which will be the best FPS of 2004(reviewed edition)

which one will be the best FPS for 2004

• Half-Life 2

Votes: 57 62.6%
  • Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Doom 3

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Far Cry

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Halo 2

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Counter-Strike:Condition Zero(i dn´t thk it wl cm out this year)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Duke Nukem Forever (just kidding)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Breed (some peple like it!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Votes: 11 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted stalker over HL2 because of the environments, I'm really going to love sniping all you ****ers from those towers:sniper:

i would vote for hl2 but i bet its coming out 2005..so..i picked doom3

Doom 3.

I am starting to have my doubts with HL2. I just don't think it will be the game we all think it will be.

i think hl2 would be good...cause of its cool story...doom doesent have much of a story

Originally posted by Pauly
i think hl2 would be good...cause of its cool story...doom doesent have much of a story

Doom3 doesn't even have much of a sentence really, let alone story :hmph:

Waedoe, is it possible that you can actually make a worthy post rather than the flames that you make for no reason and the posts thrown together so horribly that people cant read it.

What exaclty is the plot of HL2?

Aliens taking over a town?

no...every play hl1?
its the rest of it basically....

Doom3 doesn't even have much of a sentence really, let alone story

The only way you could say something as utterly uninformed as this is if you intentionally ignored every piece of Doom³ information to come forth since it's conception. Story is a major element of Doom³, and it is clear you know little about it. So perhaps you should read a bit about the game before you open your mouth.

Originally posted by chu
What exaclty is the plot of HL2?

Aliens taking over a town?

Uh, maybe you can add in:

-Earth being picked apart by the Combine
-Xen wildlife flourishing and causing trouble for everyone
-?Liberated Xen slaves now fighting as your allies?
-The G-Man, your mysterious employer with an unknown agenda

And of course, plenty of things we don't know about (see: Barney's Combine uniform)

Originally posted by Pseudonym_
The only way you could say something as utterly uninformed as this is if you intentionally ignored every piece of Doom³ information to come forth since it's conception. Story is a major element of Doom³, and it is clear you know little about it. So perhaps you should read a bit about the game before you open your mouth.

LOL, you speak your sentences before typing?How quaint. I've been following Doom³ for some time. But I've yet to be convinced that 'story' means anything to ID. The most intelligent ingame interaction will probably be the physics judging by the footage.

Well lets wait until Doom III is released to judge it's story, since none of us know what it is or how deep it goes (although the fact that Id has hired a professional writer to flesh out Doom III would suggest more storywise than what we have seen).

"They move around the Zone searching for various anomalous formations, i.e. artifacts, they would sell to various organizations."

The quote above is from the background story for S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and it completley and utterly destroyed all interest that I had in the game.

Well lets wait until Doom III is released to judge it's story, since none of us know what it is or how deep it goes (although the fact that Id has hired a professional writer to flesh out Doom III would suggest more storywise than what we have seen.

And Half Life doesn't? If your saying they hired an author to create a story (hopefully following of what little the originals had) then it better be a pretty damn good story. Marc Laidlaw, the original writer for HL, is writing the story for HL2 so I\we can expect the same awesome story as the classic.

I love Halo 2 and the MOH series so I will get both.

As for Doom 3 and HL2 I will probably get both, but I think HL2>DOOM 3

Go here for the links to the stories for both games and, quite frankly, they strive on the same basic concept of isolation and fear.

Half Life Story:
http://half-life.axg.net/story.html

Doom Story:
http://www.john333.demon.co.uk/story.htm

I'm a huge fan of the Duke Nukem series, so I will definitley buy that when/if the release happens.

Farcry and Breed are mediocre at best.

My Vote:

Half Life 2

Wow, Doom III is winning.

Atleast I'm not alone believing in Halo 2. Come my brethren, to arms! :)

No, I never said Half-Life doesn't have a professional writing it's story I'm well aware of the fact that it does. I'm just saying that Id is doing things differently this time around story wise, so we shouldn't look at Doom III as being a traditional Id game with no story and pointless action (it could end up being just that though, that's why I said we should just wait and see). It's simply to early to judge whether or not Doom III will have a good story, and we cannot make assumptions about it since this Id game is being made with different goals in mind.

I'm still faithful to Half Life 2, even if it's not realeased in 2004 It'll still be my fav FPS. Come on guys, Doom 3's winning? You people sicken me :p

Originally posted by *_-SpAcKeL-_*
Half Life Story:
http://half-life.axg.net/story.html

Doom Story:
http://www.john333.demon.co.uk/story.htm
Nice, but you can't judge the story of an upcoming game by the story of its predecessor.
AFAIK, HL2 is about fighting Xen aliens and the combine in an east european city (along with what ElFuhrer said). Doom3 is about surviving a demonic invasion by locating an ancient artifact in the ruins of a lost civilization underneath the surface of Mars.

I voted Doom3. HL2 would be close second.
As a matter of fact, the current state of the poll follows my opinion closely. Both Doom3 and HL2 have a lot of votes, with a bit of an edge for Doom3. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. also catches some interest.

i will buy all 3.....(doom, hl and stalker)

They all look like incredible games........

im hoping BF:nam has some new stuff to....and is not just bf42 with sligthly improved gfx.

Ladies and gentlemen, the poll has been rigged. 43 of Doom 3's votes have been made by anonymous "guests", yet guests are not allowed to vote on polls. Something fishy's going on, so I'm reverting the poll back to how it should be.

-Abom

Originally posted by Abom|nation
Ladies and gentlemen, the poll has been rigged. 43 of Doom 3's votes have been made by anonymous "guests", yet guests are not allowed to vote on polls. Something fishy's going on, so I'm reverting the poll back to how it should be.

-Abom

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D heheheh
AHHA

AHAHAHHA!!!!!

AHHAAHAHA!

ohohooOHAHAAHAHAHAAEHEHE!!!!!!!!!

AHA!hl2pwns

-Abom

i was wondering why doom3 was winning on a HL2 message board....

now call me a ****tard, but i'm almost more than completely sure it's evilewok striking again! he |-|4x0rz all j00r p011z. i'm betting 411 j00r p011z ar3 b3|0|\|g 70 |-|i|\/|.

poll was rigged??

Who rigged this poll should present himself to proper autorithies(MD´s)
I actully wa´sn´t here while it happened but i think that rigging my poll is b******* man!(whoever you are)

As I said I just wanted to check out if Hl2 would win here and compare the results to other forums

-Abom

LOL, that's about the most pathetic thing I've heard of this year. That is one sad sad Doom³ Fanboi.:dozey:

Re: poll was rigged??

Originally posted by Sprafa
Who rigged this poll should present himself to proper autorithies(MD´s)
I actully wa´sn´t here while it happened but i think that rigging my poll is b******* man!(whoever you are)

As I said I just wanted to check out if Hl2 would win here and compare the results to other forums

They probably rigged the other sites as well. :eek:

nearly 100 votes! It´s going pretty well around here!
Please disregard the latest rigging incident and vote some more!

-Abom

Recount, RECOUNT!!

You're not from Florida are you?

Looks like another person forgot to add Tribes:Vegance in another fps pole again....

I smell a bias on these forums, what could it possibly be?

Originally posted by Tr0n
Looks like another person forgot to add Tribes:Vegance in another fps pole again....

I didn´t considered Tribes:Vengeance because I didn´t thought it had enough potencial as those above.

But I ask here and now to the MD´s to add that game to the poll please.

Go read up on the Starseige series....trust me it has potential.

Back