Which would YOU choose???

Would u rather spend a week vacation somewhere exotic for a week or play hl2?

• Play half life 2 stored away in my room

Votes: 104 69.8%
  • Vacation in the sun somewhere nice

Votes: 45 30.2%

• Total voters

JonTheCanuck

Reaction score
just curious, answer honestly, would you rather spend a week vacationing in some exotic place with hot sunny beaches.... or playing hl2 all week?!?! w00t lol i'm up for hl2

i'd much rather be outside than play computer games most of the time...i run 4 miles a day or so and i'd jump at the chance for a vacation.

Both, playing HL2 on a top of the line laptop on a sunny beach somewhere! :)

Originally posted by BloodyL
Both, playing HL2 on a top of the line laptop on a sunny beach somewhere! :)

ahhhhh yeah, that'd be heaven right there.

HL2, I don't like the sun. I wish someone would turn it off. I've never even bothered to try that...what's it called? Outdoors?

lol, j/k. Though I would rather stay in and play HL2....

Half life 2, that blasted Canadian winter is coming and I can't afford a vacation. Even if I could, I'd still stay inside and play HL2.

one day all you kids will realize that computer games aren't all there is to do.

Originally posted by Maskirovka
one day all you kids will realize that computer games aren't all there is to do.

i'm already aware there are other things to do. I'm active enough as it is, with kung fu class every second day which has an hour long workout, and between those days i lift weights and run. Vacationing isn't that appealing to me anyways. I prefer being home.

Depends who's going on the sunny vacation with me. If it's my parents...NO...if it's my friends...hell yeah....if it's with with well... a bunch of hot chicks....YES.

I suppose it depends if all expenses are paid as well. I'm not in the position to blow like $1000 for an awesome trip right now...I'm in college for christs sake...I don't have that kind of money to toss around.

I'd have to go with the vacation... but as soon as I got back I'd play HL2 all week :D

Well, vacation if it would mean all my expenses would be paid for and I could play HL2 as soon as I would get home.

outside. HL2 I can play also another time. Vacations are also something something great.

HL2 is one of the few games that could make me sit inside a week straight when its hot and sunny outside. But this wont matter that much for HL2 anyways cause its fall now and its much nicer to be inside than out in the cold.

I play computer games like every single day, so when HL2 comes out I'll just be on the computer for longer every day. And if I went on a vacation I'd get to Acapulco or wherever, find it's too hot, then buy a computer and another copy of HL2 and play it in my hotel room.

EDIT: That's if I go there alone. If I'm with people I know I would go skateboarding or swim, stuff like that. But only for a week.

HL2 is my vacation. I can't think of anywhere anymore exotic as City17. I've even booked time off work for it!!!

being a gaming geek myself, i would choose to play hl2 :cheers:

I would go on vacation in the sun somewhere nice and just chill....

If my girlfriend could come along then for sure a vacation wold be nice. plus, she's always comlaining that I never take her anywhere. When you've been dating someone for near five years, girlfriends can get pretty demanding. lol, plus we never get enough time alone, if you know what I mean ;) ;)

Edit: But besides that I'd probably rather play HL2 - it takes a close second. Playing a new (GREAT) video game is like going on vacation because you get to explore a new world - so it's like a vacation with a twist!

Originally posted by dis
If my girlfriend could come along then for sure a vacation wold be nice.

i'd go with that. HL2 coming a close second :)

Originally posted by Tredoslop
Heh, I doubt girls would play Half-Life 2

wrong...plenty play hl now...cs, etc. and plenty will play hl2.
just because you don't know any doesn't mean they dont exist

I doubt a lot of people have taken this poll seriously. I'll be honest with you I had to spend a good few minutes weighing up a few things while thinking about it. I eventually came to the conclusion that HL2, no matter how good, can wait.

Vacation.

I would definitely go on vacation as i have not been able to go on vacation this summer and i sure need it.

HL2 can be delayed for 1 month as long as i am in the sun :)

Originally posted by Tredoslop
Heh, I doubt girls would play Half-Life 2

Girl gamers are in thier masses now. It's a shame that so many males have to act like complete twats around them causing most girl gamers to band together in female only clans.

Although some of these girl clans have done bloody well, ending up winning competitions and playing in semi-finals along side 4K, Unmatched, etc.

half life 2 anyday.

why go abroad when im in lovely sunny :dozey: hot :eek: dazzling ;( .........

Scotland :x

yeah so HL2 it is

with everybody yelling at me and pressuriseing me to go out and sosialise my decision is..... HL2 of cource:LOL: :LOL: :rolling:

I'm excited for HL2, but in the end it's still only a game. Real life does weigh a lot more heavily.

vacation for me.

HL2!!! Cuz Im not in the mood for vactions if u asked me 4 months ago I would had said vacation but Ive been on one now 8)

I would go on a vacation.. if it's in a foreign country.
Haven't been out of sweden in 9yrs

It depends on the vacation... if it's in Miami/Lisbon watching the NPPL Paintball tourneys, HL2 can wait! But if it's some crappy vacation with my parents I'd rather be in my room, surrounded by my mates, playing HL2.

Actually if HL2 comes out on september 30th as planned.. I will be picking up a copy and on oct 8th will be flying to paris france,rome and other parts of italy..So u can say i will be doing both
:cheers: :bounce: :cheers:

Well it's not a hard choice... I'll take the (apparently free) vacation and then play HL2 when I get back. Simple as that. :p

Originally posted by JonTheCanuck
i'm already aware there are other things to do. I'm active enough as it is, with kung fu class every second day which has an hour long workout, and between those days i lift weights and run. Vacationing isn't that appealing to me anyways. I prefer being home.

did you really have to argue that? if you exercise, be happy with that. i was referring to the little kids on here that never exercise and eat shitty food all the time...not the people who exercise regularly

sorry i guess if i offend you, but seriously...unless you have no arms and legs, there's no reason you can't be healthy...i guess it's just a personal thing for me...i dunno why i try to change what other people do...smoke, be fat and die of heart attacks if you want i guess.

Vacation vs HAL-LIFE2

Hard one indeed.

I would go for vacation, because it is only for some days, whereas HL2 can take up to 3-4 years.

Back