while we're at it - pc powerplay review next month too

egon

Reaction score
PC powerplay who originally planned to review the game this month now say theyll be doing it next month for sure.

and vampire the masquerade bloodlines is qalso coming out nov. so itll come out close to half life 2.

Actually I think the editor said on a forum that they wouldn't have it in issue 106.

Which is next issue, the current issue being 105

EDIT: Oh you mean its not in 106? Sorry i misunderstood. Well that would be stupid because now we gotta wait 2 more months for the review.

the editorial in 105 says that it will be there in next month ie dec. issue.

the site hasnt been updated in a while and the forums seem to be closed :(

Old news makes my pants happy.

Too bad i'm never going to read that magazine. Lets hope i can "find" some scans.

The only thing worthwhile about a pc powerplay review would be if they had some new screenshots, their writing is not good and their opinions worry me (they gave Enter the Matrix 85%).

Ch1cKeN said:
Old news makes my pants happy.

Too bad i'm never going to read that magazine. Lets hope i can "find" some scans.
....hint?

There will be no review in #106.
From the Editor:
In addition, there are a few other factors in the old HL2 review equation... the sum of which means we won't be reviewing it in #106.

Well, that's funny.

Quote from the bit of text that's always in the front of each issue of PCPP, in this case from #105:

...allow me to tempt fate by boldly predicting that we will definitely, categorically, undoubtably have a review of Half-Life 2 next issue...

Brian Damage said:
Well, that's funny.

Quote from the bit of text that's always in the front of each issue of PCPP, in this case from #105:
these god damn valve & vivendi delays...it's so mean

It's weird that they won't have it but other mags do.

Yeah, I reckon it's just something to do with mailing the game code to Australia... unless PCPP are getting it off Steam or something...

Unless PCPP broke the NDA when they said "It's done!"

I dunno if that'd be really worthy of an info blackout... wouldn't breaking the NDA be more like telling about new enemies and parts of the game's plot? We were already aware that the game was in a content-complete state...

Brian Damage said:
I dunno if that'd be really worthy of an info blackout... wouldn't breaking the NDA be more like telling about new enemies and parts of the game's plot? We were already aware that the game was in a content-complete state...

Well, I don't know. Maybe magazines weren't allowed to tell people they had the reviews till about now.

I'm just making stuff up, it's really unlikely.

It is very weird, the fact that the HL2 logo and the mispelt words "ITS DONE" were placed in issue #104 which would have been finalised at the end of August/start of September. Yet we won't be seeing a review of the game in PCPP until mid November issue #107 at the least.

Well, the misspelling's not weird, bad spelling and grammar are standard for PCPP...

I believe that Bloodlines is looking for an October release 10/12/04 was the latest speculation I have seen.

Why do you people actually listen to these pc review magazines?
Any PC game is based upon your own personal preference of how you like a game. Its sad that people can't think for themself so you pay some other clueless worm to do it.

The only benefit i'd see getting out of a review is to see if they conclude its buggy or the graphically outdated... shit like that.

So will PC Gamer be the first to review Half-Life 2?

Back