Who all doesn't like the demo tweak?

Demo nerfed for the worse?

• Yes

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • No

Votes: 40 69.0%

• Total voters
Good change! I got 24 kills in a row without dieing as the demoman, was too easy.

I usually run that route too. the only thing I think they need to fix is the demoman sticky jumps. They shouldn't have the ability to follow the scout/soldier into places.

Why do you say that pitz?

Being able to get to, say, the upper floor of 2Fort is just insane and easy to get massive kills. But that isn't the main problem. It's like conc jumping with stickies. I can EASIlY sticky off my base sniper point across the water. If I can time it right, I can bunny hop off the top of the bridge, and land on the top of THEIR sniper nest. And with the lack of dmg the demo actually takes from the nades, makes it...not right. He needs to take a bit more damage for it to equal out, I think. I mean, the soldier was built to rocket jump, I don't think the demo was intended for his moves at the moment. you fly REALLY far with that you sticky. Two WILL kill you, but you never need more than one \=

While I agree that the stickyjump sends you a bit too far, cutting it completely would be silly. The demoman was indeed built for sticky/pipejumping.

While I agree that the stickyjump sends you a bit too far, cutting it completely would be silly. The demoman was indeed built for sticky/pipejumping.

pipe jumping MUCH further than any other class? I agree, cutting it a bit for distance/more damage would work. You only lose ~1/4 of your life from the one, then the second one just kills you all the way. I never said cut it completely, just make it more balanced with maybe more damage and/or less distance that can be covered. The damage of the stickies are just fine, but the distance is the problem.

Back