Who has HL2 completely preloaded?

• I am all done

Votes: 211 80.8%
  • naah , ill just install it when it comes out

Votes: 29 11.1%
  • i am downloading the sixth part

Votes: 21 8.0%

• Total voters
Does it really matter who has it and who doesn't? We are all going to get it one way or another.

there will be 11 more preload parts

City 17 means 17 parts

Lunacy Fringe said:
Does it really matter who has it and who doesn't? We are all going to get it one way or another.

its just a post man ! who cares , we need some stuff to talk about we have another month of waiting

Done done done... Got them the first night they were each released....

Can't wait though :)

Considering maps were the last thing to preload for CS:S I believe, the 6 preload will be the last... So no more preloads I'm guessing :)

I had to start over from 69%, but I'm done now.

Oh, and in a open message to Mr. Wonka: Ownt!

I only started to preload yesterday. Im at 41.8% as i type this.

SenenCito said:
73% preloaded via 56k..and proud!

poor you! AWESOME THOUGH! hahahahhaa. I have cable, and it took me about 8-9 hours to preload! :eek:

PvtRyan if you cut your counter strike course base content.gcf file out of ur cache folder and past it somewhere else then restart steam and re-preload it will start at 58% but will preload fine thereafter. Did it yesterday and i'm fully downloaded now. Hope This helps.

The question should have been "who hasn't completely preloaded HL² yet?" :)

briggsb2k said:
PvtRyan if you cut your counter strike course base content.gcf file out of ur cache folder and past it somewhere else then restart steam and re-preload it will start at 58% but will preload fine thereafter. Did it yesterday and i'm fully downloaded now. Hope This helps.

I'm gonna try it, thanks a lot.

EDIT: It worked, you're the man! :E

I was under the impression that we are not sure if we are 'all done'.
I mean I've gotten all that we where given... but I'm pretty sure that that's not "all".
IMO no one has HL2 completely pre-loaded. So I did'nt vote :)

Where's the stuck at 69 % and unable to press the continue button alternative?

I was stuck at 69% for days and nothing was budging. I assume something ****ed up, so I cancelled my preload and I'm now downloading it again.

ADDED: 1.6% downloaded! WOOHOO

I have Preloaded all files. Now all i have to do is burn steam files to cd.

Pre-loaded the whole bad boy. And purchased over Steam too. Now all that's left is waiting, a little CS:S, and maybe finally beating R:TW.

yeah i'm done also well not exactly there still could be a 7th preload :)

im not at 80.8 im averaging about 6% everyday, if only I never had to disconnect this computer id easily finish in a few days, right now im looking at ohh about friday finishing

Valve is sadistic

we all have a copy of the game on our computers, but can't play it

I believe this is hell

Mevoki said:
Where's the stuck at 69 % and unable to press the continue button alternative?

Read Vinnie's message in the "Can't pre-load HL2"-tread on the Steam forum.

The Monkey, I really like your sig. Quite appropriate.

Anyways, to make this post a little meaningful, there will most definately be a 7th pre-load. It probably won't be large, just a few core files and whatnot.

Back