who is this person in this HL2 screenshot?

Most likely a random resistance fighter....

Looks like they have changed the model for the resistance fighters, to me it looks much better.

Looks like the same texture as that (full size) german army officer model they have at VALVe HQ to me

i made it really bright in photoshop and it just reminded me of alyx

perhaps the characters appear in different clothes throughout the game?

here it is, its definetly a woman i think, look at the skinny arms and the large hips etc

Attachments

• afasdfasdfasdfy.jpg
    afasdfasdfasdfy.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 518
woah that looks pretty cool , female i guess but not alyx she has darker hairs

at first i thought the top was hair, but it looks like a beanie....

looks male to me...

isnt that thing on ther persons hip also on the combine on that screenshot where the combine is shooting at the water?

It looks definately like a female but not alyx, its not the same clothes, but Im sure there's women resistance fighters too.

FOr some reason I remember at some point hearing/seeing that alyx does in fact change her clothes during the game. Maybe you go away from her for a while or something. Then again I may have just imagined all of that. It would be cool if she put a beanie on though.

She changes her clothes?!!?!?!? Can we watch is the real question.

Anyway, looks like Alyx to me, wearing a beanie and different clothes. After all she is you side kick, hopefully she gets into firefights too.

When I first saw that shot I thought it was Alyx immediately.

i think its alyx, also she does wear different outfits, the one we know well with the duct tape, and remember the very frist one which was green?

it's probably just a random femail resistance fighter, i doubt it'll be a main character, just one of the cannon fodder folk. I could be wrong though...

It's another one of the members of the resistance in City Seventeen.

no, its Alyx, check the half life 2 website if you don't beleive us

wow the arm on that model is atrocious.
I would epect that kinda mess and geometry from a rushed game... not one thats been delayed an eon for polish and bugfixing.

Mr. Redundant said:
wow the arm on that model is atrocious.
I would epect that kinda mess and geometry from a rushed game... not one thats been delayed an eon for polish and bugfixing.

I fail to see the problem.

Liquid Air said:
no, its Alyx, check the half life 2 website if you don't beleive us

Where, on the site, does it say it's Alyx?

Could be Alyx. She wars Jeans, and so is the person in this screenie. I just doubt she'd have all of her hair suffed up into a beanie.

Feath said:
I fail to see the problem.
look at the arm,stretching of the straps for whatever is on her arm, as well as the stretching behind the shoulder... you're telling me valve couldnt spend five minutes fixing the vert assignments on the model and adding a couple pollys to the arm?

stretching is fine and dandy if you are new to modeling and animating and assigning a skeletal structure/biped.... but Valve? come on now, thats horrible.

(and no IM not picking at things because Valve keep delaying, I wouldnt be here if that were the case)

its something I noticed as soon as I saw the screenshot, and its something easily fixed.

Im sure it will be fixed before release.. I mean they wouldnt hold it back this long to make an awesome game, then release it with low quality crap like that.

IMO she/he has a stricking resemblans to alyx. But meh, I can't really tell from that angle.

Mr. Redundant said:
look at the arm,stretching of the straps for whatever is on her arm, as well as the stretching behind the shoulder... you're telling me valve couldnt spend five minutes fixing the vert assignments on the model and adding a couple pollys to the arm?

stretching is fine and dandy if you are new to modeling and animating and assigning a skeletal structure/biped.... but Valve? come on now, thats horrible.

(and no IM not picking at things because Valve keep delaying, I wouldnt be here if that were the case)

its something I noticed as soon as I saw the screenshot, and its something easily fixed.

Im sure it will be fixed before release.. I mean they wouldnt hold it back this long to make an awesome game, then release it with low quality crap like that.

I'm gonna have to go out on a limb and say..

HL2 has been looking worse and worse since it was first announced. Just take a look at the quality from 2003 to now. It's just degraded by a whole lot.

Granted, we've discussed this before, but I wouldn't expect something like that to be fixed by the time HL2 comes out. It just seems like everything has gone down in quality.

I will put in my 48,653 Cuban Pesos.. or 2 cents.

I think it is a female.

It may be Alyx.

It's probably not Alyx and I'd be surprised If it was.

I doubt they'd put Alyx in a place with a bunch of Striders where her chance of survival is slim.

Shuzer said:
I'm gonna have to go out on a limb and say..

HL2 has been looking worse and worse since it was first announced. Just take a look at the quality from 2003 to now. It's just degraded by a whole lot.

Granted, we've discussed this before, but I wouldn't expect something like that to be fixed by the time HL2 comes out. It just seems like everything has gone down in quality.

You figured all this out by looking at a picture? I wish I had your powers of deduction.

Yak_Fighter said:
You figured all this out by looking at a picture? I wish I had your powers of deduction.

Have you not compared the media from 2003 to 2004? There's a glaring quality difference, go look for yourself.

Yeah I have both e3 videos, and the 2004 stuff looks much better.

Yak_Fighter said:
Yeah I have both e3 videos, and the 2004 stuff looks much better.

The videos don't look any better, really. They look on par with eachother.

I was talking more on a screenshots perspective.. but meh, whatever, don't believe me. I've talked to many people about this, and they end up agreeing with me.

was the detail on that model not noticeable until i made it brighter, if not, then perhaps the source engine can make things lower quality when they cant be seen by the player, which would improve performance surely? or maybe that screenshot was taken as the unknown person in that pic was moving, which would create the stance that character is in now.

It would be cool though if Alyx and other characters did change their clothes during the game. I mean it must be over a few days, the whole game, so she'd have to change her clothes at some point wouldn't she?

In fact, looking around at screenshots, she does change her clothes. So it's just a question of whether she would wear a beanie!

I promise you guys that it is Alex, but if I posted the screenshot to prove it I might be banned.

Why do you guys think it's Alyx?
She doesn't know how to use a gun! Her only weapon is dog!
:frown:

Back