Who is This?

I also think that's G-man.. standing in the rain.. hmm.. nice find.

I saw it on Garry's mod on the default box..not the white one...

How come, immediately when I saw the post, before I had seen the picture, I knew that that was going to be the graffiti? I'm psychic.

MiccyNarc said:
How come, immediately when I saw the post, before I had seen the picture, I knew that that was going to be the graffiti? I'm psychic.

hehe
you're not the only one mate :p

That's not the g-man. How would poeple in cuty 17 know who the G-man is...much less graffiti him.

Yeah ??? Than how did Kleiner had his HEV suit ( which was confiscated by the Gman in HL1 ) ?

Woah.. thats weird, I knew what the picture would be before I opened it!!

well walter: one spotting of g-man is when hes talkin to tha dude who gave u the rpg. (that australian guy, or something). so why not, maybe G-man gave it to kleiner. or maybe he just left it outside kleiners door ;)

bliink said:
OMG! Proof of telepathy! ;)
This picture has come up before in this thread… Not very much discussion on it unfortunately

XariuS said:
well walter: one spotting of g-man is when hes talkin to tha dude who gave u the rpg. (that australian guy, or something). So why not, maybe G-man gave it to kleiner. or maybe he just left it outside kleiners door ;)

LOL , that would be funny .

To me it looks like...a man...standing in the rain...with an umbrela! :O

It's a Combine soldier with an umbrella. It's meant to hint at the fact we're all going to be all replaced by the Combine.

Besides, the G-Man has one of those little hats with a parasol attached to it. He needs his hands free to hold his briefcase and gesture.

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
It's a Combine soldier with an umbrella. It's meant to hint at the fact we're all going to be all replaced by the Combine.

Besides, the G-Man has one of those little hats with a parasol attached to it. He needs his hands free to hold his briefcase and gesture.

-Angry Lawyer

a Combine soldier in a suit, coat and with a tie...?
no

it's the G-man.

I think this graffiti means that he is really helping us (us=humans) - when it started 'raining' with combine forces he showed up and offered his help (probably by lending Gordon to the resistance) - thus 'opening an umbrella' over mankind.

or, ya know, maybe portraying him in the rain signifies that he's a very mysterious and spectral character and always shows up unexpexted and vanishes soon after.

just a thought

...or maybe it's some post-combine version of Gene Kelly?:p

btw - very nice graffiti

It's definately a Combine soldier. Like the one with the soldier hugging a baby. Either that, or just a citizen in a gas-mask.
I think Valve were careful to keep any references of the G-Man out of as much of the game as possible, bar the actual sightings.

-Angry Lawyer

*shrugs* to each his own. I interpret it as a rather stencilled gas mask with a sort of respirator pipe. Like the concept drawings for the civilians, when the air exchange was in the game. It feeds to an air tank.

-Angry Lawyer

Maybe it is just a random but cool picture the art team came up with. Then again where is the fun in that?!

if it had to be a character then it would most defs be g-man

also, this is a game and everything is made for a reason

maybe it was just a easter egg or sumthing?

It's Agent Smith, of course! :D With stalker legs... :|

Rast: that is G-Man talking to Odessa Cubbage.

I think that is a combine mask but also with a tie

I like the idea of 'us all being replaced by the Combine'

Or it could be to do with what Eli claims (in Black Mesa East i think) that the combine are changin the atmosphere of the planet and that it will become too poluted to breath.

Yes, It's an interesting optical illusion. Combine mask or G-man with tie. Except if it's g-man looks like his lower jaw was cut off...

What could it symbolize?

G-man, in the rain, holding an umbrella? Just for fun, I tried running it through an online dreams analyser...

Rain

To dream that you get wet from the rain, signifies that you will soon be cleansed from your troubles and problems. Rain also symbolizes fertility and renewal.

To see and hear rain falling, symbolizes forgiveness and grace.

To dream that you are watching the rain from a window, indicates that spiritual ideas and insights are being brought to you awareness. It may also symbolize fortune and love.

To hear the tapping of the rain on the roof, denotes spiritual ideas and blessings coming to mind. It may also suggests that you will receive much joy from your home life.

Umbrella

To see an umbrella in your dream, suggests that you are putting up a shield against your emotions and trying to avoid dealing with them. It is also symbolic of emotional security. If the umbrella is leaking, then it indicates that you are unprepared in facing your problems.

To dream that you cannot open you umbrella and it is raining, then it suggests that you are open to confronting your own feelings and letting your emotions come to the surface.

If you want to ask me why I chose to use a dreams analyser for this...I dunno. I just thought the picture looked like a dream state.

bliink said:

That is the same with me :| I knew someone was going to ask this sooner or later :dork:
It might be the Gman but then again it might not be :eek:
Let's just say it's Agent Smith in the rain :p

Back