Who ISN'T coming to the forums until they beat the game?

Alientank

Reaction score
No way in hell I will be coming, I was going to before, but screw that, I think I'll just play through it a few times first,then maybe return a week later, probably the best way to approach it :) Anyone else doing this?

Ill be here. Thats if i stop playing.

I'll be here occasionally, peek in to see whats up. But for the most part, playing §=p. I think I will probably avoid coming here anywhere between 4 - 5 days prior to release, so those who do actually get the game earlier than I do, don't post any spoilers.

Raziel-Jcd said:
Ill be here. Thats if i stop playing.

I won't be, not even after taking a break from playing for hours on end and not being done the game yet. Not until it's all done.

Alientank said:
I won't be, not even after taking a break from playing for hours on end and not being done the game yet. Not until it's all done.
TAKING BREAK FROM PLAYING !!
I will never ever stop playing it !!

I dunno...threre's almost a guarantee that some moron will post a spoiler in a topic title and totally ruin it for you :|

simmo said:
I dunno...threre's almost a guarantee that some moron will post a spoiler in a topic title and totally ruin it for you :|

That's why I won't be here until I finish the game.

simmo said:
Hasn't that already happened a few times?

I wont be coming to the forums. I will return once I complete Hl2.

I will return once I completed HL2, because, like the mod said, some moron will post a spoiler.

Btw moderators: spoiler=instant ban if I were you guys..

Won't be here or on steampowered.com forums till I've completed it. Because you know some ass will post a spoiler...Don't feel like seeing them :p

Nope. So long forums for awhile when it comes the 16th. Well, until I beat the game, then i will come back.

i probably won't be doing ANYTHING other than playing so yea ..... i won't be here after the 16th for a while.......

Not a chance, when I got Doom3 I wasn't hidden to the world for about 3 days. I imagine this will be the case when HL2 comes out also....

Ownzed said:
Nope. So long forums for awhile when it comes the 16th. Well, until I beat the game, then i will come back.

SOMEONE will get the game early and start posting up pictures etc. I'll be leaving the boards on the friday and not viewing all weekend either.

I'll come to the forums every night after a long game, need a break, im sure there will be polls everywhere. 'who has halflife 2' and loads of people with problems on steam with 'Error on steam' etc...but then loads of nice ones about how much fun everyone is having...i can only pray i dont have problems...some people will!

I'm staying away from the net until I complete Half-Life 2 from start to finish, in a single sitting.

It is inevitable there will be alot of people spamming there "hl2 suxorz" posts over the forum for a while afterwards (even if the game is the greatest thing ever to exist on the planet) there are some sad people around, so i think ill just spend my time playing rather than sifting the mess!

I'll leave the boards the day HL2 becomes available - that is, either on the 16th, or the day it leaks (I presume the latter). No visits to any HL2-related sites till I beat the game. I just don't want to see threads like "OMG Alyx dies in the last chapter" or "GMan is killed by forces of Xen".

Disclaimer: I made those up :).

i will only look on here if i need to improve my fps or change something about the game and i need help

i PITY the moderators come the 16th, they have their work cut out for them

i guess you wont see me from 16th until 19th.
but you wont notice anyway.

Even if i don't know many poeple here , i was glad to meet some of you, glad to receive the latests infos about my favorite game , even if i'm 28 years old and speak a chineese english i cannot leave all this behind when the game will finally be released, for sure i'll come back here and continue to talk about it , because it's more than a game , i think it's a unique experience ... love you poeple ;)

Same as alot of people, i'll stop coming once i see people have gotten HL2 (no doubt some will get it early). Actually i hang out with alot of gamers so i will probably forgo most of my usual meeting places for about a week (IRC, other forums) until i get and finish the game.

I guess I'll just play directly when I start up my PC, and when I quit I guess I immediately shut the PC of and some homework or something :p
Or I'll post on some Dutch forums that this game totally owns or something :p

I will visit this forum once in a while to see the peoples reaction and for updated news and maybe Patch updates that I will need.

I'm not sure if the moderators plan on doing it, but when Doom 3 was released planetdoom opened a "Spoilers, Stuck in Game, Screenshot, Etc." type forum. It worked pretty well if you ask me.

Then again I didn't hang around there too much, but from what I saw a lot of people got the message.

Another thing, I agree with the other poster that said spoilers without warning should be banned

I will come to the forums, everyday. :)

why ? cause HL2 will take me at least a 3 weeks to complete. :d

cause I like to explore every bit of the game.

Definitely avoiding the forums, I don't want to see this:

ALYX DIES?!161!! dOES SHE BECOME A CYBORG LIKE BARNEY?

I'll definately be avoiding the forums. It's still 2 strikes (spoilers) and I'm out. Currently it's strike 2 for me, and rather than wait to see if it will be an out, I'll just pull myself from the game.

Aside from that Baseball analogy (a sport I'm not really interested in either; I miss hockey :( ), there really isn't a point in staying.

These forums were fun, but will there be a point in staying after the game is done? Maybe to talk about you favorite parts of the game or follow the mod community, but that's about it. I'll likely go the route of Pendragon and leave entirely. But we'll see.

i dunno, i would be afraid that someone would spoil it for me. If i do come back one thing i would do is have the posts post from newest to oldest, that way if someone made a phony topic, i will see all the flaming and stuff without reading the original post :p .

ManHacks said:
i dunno, i would be afraid that someone would spoil it for me. If i do come back one thing i would do is have the posts post from newest to oldest, that way if someone made a phony topic, i will see all the flaming and stuff without reading the original post :p .

Actually that's not a bad idea.

I probably will stay away and just talk to one of my friends over the phone about it, as such limiting the spoliers and such etc.

Yea, so last post for me for the rest of the year. Not to sound rude, but I just don't want to talk about this game anymore until I play it like 3 times.

When I come back, I hope to find some new TF2 info.

Cya guys have fun with HL2 :burp:

I probably won't

however I doubt the game will take me long to finish (even with me trying to take my time)

that kinda sucks...... I mean once I beat HL2... it is done.
then all I have is CS:S until a mod or an expansion is released, :/ ah well.

Goldmember said:
Yea, so last post for me for the rest of the year. Not to sound rude, but I just don't want to talk about this game anymore until I play it like 3 times.

When I come back, I hope to find some new TF2 info.

Cya guys have fun with HL2 :burp:

much love man, you will be missed :D

because I loooooove goooooold too.

Back