Who made CS and DOD?

Risiko

Reaction score
Ok, don't laugh. I've never really played HL single player much, and I never really got into any of the multiplayer mods either (I think that by the time I got a half-way decent computer, the 'oldness' of the game seemed to turn me off). Maybe it was a mistake, but oh well.

Anyway, did Valve create CS and DOD? I've looked at their sites and it seems that Valve "owns" the rights to them now, or something, but did were the original teams that made these mods independent?

Thanks.

Hl fans made them, the mods became big so valve brought them ?, that right ?

Originally posted by simmo2k3
Hl fans made them, the mods became big so valve brought them ?, that right ?

Correct, the people that made the mods now kinda work for Valve. I know that Gooseman was the creator of Counter-Strike, but I think a few people started DoD - Waldo, Shell_Shock and Curator. Not too sure, probably wrong about that.

Yeah. Minh Le, a.k.a. Gooseman, was the creator of Counter-Strike. Man, that is one decicion he'll never regret.

Oh, so Valve didn't make them in-house, cool. Heh, I guess Valve really learned how much an outside modder can give success to a game. I guess this shows how they are so mod-friendly, he :).

Yeah Gooseman did all the coding. But I think the models (and definatelly the maps) were done by other people. I remember even I tried making one (didn't work out, I got too ambitious :( ).

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
Yeah Gooseman did all the coding. But I think the models (and definatelly the maps) were done by other people. I remember even I tried making one (didn't work out, I got too ambitious :( ).

I think a guy named Cliffe did all the CS models

After I graduate I'm going to try and get a programming job around my area...I hate my area, it's full of Computer Science people, and the competition pisses me off, and the taxes up here suck ass. Oh well :(

Took this from an interview on one of the linked sites above. Hehehehe, Gooseman said "try to get a job." That makes me giggle.

Hey! I bet he gets to play HL2 right now! :eek: :flame:

;(

Back