Who thinks HL3 will start on a train ride?

Will HL3 start on a train?

• Yes, it has to

Votes: 78 74.3%
  • no it will not

Votes: 27 25.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zxxgp

Reaction score
HL and HL2 both start on a train. Do you all think they will keep this going in HL3?

yeah.
its a must :p
i mean after all its one of the things gamers always seem to remember about the HL series.. the first train ride in HL.. and now this one.

go with tradition :thumbs:

hl1 ended on a train ride, and picked up in the same train (presumably), hl2 didnt end on a train... so i think hl3 wont start on one.

A train ride always feels like halflife, without one it wouldn't be so awful but many people would say "aww," put their head down, and have a soft familiar piano tune playing in the background.

It has to, and it has to be as long as the first one. I dont care about the whiners. SPARTA WANTS LONG TRAIN RIDE!!!

Yes. It will be a steam-train and it will take place back in the wild wild west to try and kill Dr. Breen's Great Great Grandfather!

OMG I will t3h fl4m3z0r v4lv3 1f 17 1sn'7 0n 4 tr41nz0rlolololol

Just predicting the response based on the typical forum attitude lately.

This is not aimed at any preceding poster.

And yes, I think it will be on a train.

I don't think it'll be on a train. I thought the train ride in HL2 was way too short, I didn't even get mad once!

no it will not

I dont think so.

A train, a tram, a plane, a ship... it'll start on some kind of transport.

-Grant

Well it's hard to tell if HL2 ends on a train or not. The doorway the gman leaves through suggests it, but it's not certain.

Op4 started with an osprey and ended with one. Although blueshift didn't have anything like that.

No, it will start on a Rollercoaster, with G-man disguised as a little kid puking on your face

at the end of half-life2 the G-Man said "This is where I get off."

so half-life3 should start on a train.

that's like saying "Who thinks the main HL3 character will be Gordon Freeman."

Why? He got off the train, so he's no longer on it. :p
So, the next game will start on the next logical vehicle: a double-decker bus.

By the way, did you notice, that at the very end, when the G-man makes his exit, it's almost exactly the same way it begins, when the citizens gets off the train?
Just a random observation.

No, It will start with year long delays and long long waits.

Ofcourse it'll start on a train... for an expansion, i hope they bring the ice breaker back :)

ENDGAME SPOILERS

I hope it picks up immediately where HL2 left off ... except not on top of the exploding Citadel for obvious reasons. It would be interesting to be somewhere in the distance to watch the Citadel be destroyed and see the havok it wrecks on the city below. Or possibly well into the future but you see a flashback type effect of what happened, similar to how they showed HL1 in the opening sequence of HL2.

I think it wont start on a train, but still in the nowhere with nothing

Wraith said:
hl1 ended on a train ride, and picked up in the same train (presumably), hl2 didnt end on a train... so i think hl3 wont start on one.
at the end you get teleported, werther you take the job or not!
and the trian in half-life 1 was a diferent kind of trian!
so i don't think that was anything to do with starting on a trian in hl2

i voted yes

Sounds pretty interesting, though its all up in the air.

At the end of HL2, the last black sequence, especially where the G-man gets off, does indeed seem like a train. At the beginning of HL2, the passenger says to you "i didnt see you get on", which signifies gordon kinda appearing on the train, via ???G-man.

I think HL3 will start on a train or moving object, or perhaps the black nothingness, but will still convey the feeling of the nostalgic train rides of the past...

When thinking about it, it makes the HL story more interesting and kinda hushes the "It has no story" sayers who didnt like HL2.

We've been through this and it was agreed it would be Gordon on a pogo stick.

Wraith said:

How can it be the same train?! HL2's trai is a public transportation type train. (sure, they are forced to got there but you know what i mean). HL1's train is a monorail meaning it can only stay in Black Mesa.
:rolling:

Wraith said:

Yes it did...
Anyways, hl2 started on a different train than hl1 ended on.

If it doesn't it will loose touch with it's fanbase.

it'll be definitely a segway

y'know, to show new physics engine and stuff... :p

I was very disapointed there was no lengthy train ride in HL2. It would have been very easy to put him on the train a little further back, have it go in and out tunnels and see the city, and all lots of stuff going on.

Somone at valve just got lazy.

Maybe you'll play through Half-Life 3 AS a train...ahhh!

Won't a train ride every time just get... well, old?

I'd rather see something new and exciting than another train ride. Valve knows what they're doing, they'll have something good for us.

HL3 will start as HL2 ended; within a frozen moment of time ,and will(should) end with a train ride.

Back