Who wants to buy the Valve guys lunch?

What shall we get Valve?

• Pizzas (lots of them)

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • A Big Thankyou card from HL2.NET

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Submit money to a charity on their behalf

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Give them nothing, they delayed HL2 and are rich anyway!

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters

Xcellere

Reaction score
I was thinking about sending the 65 people who work there pizza for lunch one day soon. I say we all chip in and make it happen.

I just got this email from Rick at Valve:

We love pizza :) There are about 65 people total. We really appreciate things like this from the fans to thank you very much in advance! (btw, let me know when you do this so we don't wonder where the mysterious pizzas came up from :)

Rick
Valve

I'll setup a Paypal account later tonight, and then we'll get this going.

bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahhahahahhahahaha....haaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhahahah :cheers:

OK, make your checks payable to:

SMT
12345 SMT's house
Citytown, OH 54545

I'll buy them pizza. Honest. Trust me.

I like the idea. Can we add a note saying "from the fans at halflife2.net"? :cheese:

Seems a bit pointless, but it's an interesting distraction. Wonder what topping gabe likes?

that's a nice thought.

i think people would like to see a bit of organisation in terms of payment before they commit to a donation.

We love pizza :) There are about 65 people total. We really appreciate things like this from the fans to thank you very much in advance! (btw, let me know when you do this so we don't wonder where the mysterious pizzas came up from :)

Rick
Valve

I'll setup a Paypal account, and we'll get this going later on.

Abom said:
*Waits for someone to say 'all of them'*

:/

PS. Edam ;)

We could get a special, extra-large one with the works with a note 'specially for gabe', but he might not appreciate it!

PS. Damn. I wondered when someone would get that. :cheers:

i dunno after sitting on your arse since 1999 making hl2, i think the last thing they all need is pizza. how about we send them an enourmous fruit basket instead.

Xcellere said:

Rick
Valve

I'll setup a Paypal account, and we'll get this going later on.

Two words that don't really go together - internet + trust

average pizza costs $6-9 ? you're looking at $390-$585. not an impossible figure, but i doubt many people would trust someone else with that money.

only thing i can think of is to ask someone at valve to set up a paypal account, and donations are made to that account.

Murray_H said:
Two words that don't really go together - internet + trust

So you're saying if we send the money to him he *might* not use it to buy pizza for them?

very nice idea..............but how can we make it work ?

Dedalus said:
average pizza costs $6-9 ? you're looking at $390-$585. not an impossible figure, but i doubt many people would trust someone else with that money.

only thing i can think of is to ask someone at valve to set up a paypal account, and donations are made to that account.

Good point. Asking somebody at valve ruins the surprise though. Might make them sound like charity cases too: 'The Valve Pizza Fund'.

If you guys want me to setup the Paypal account I'll do it. If you want one of the mods to do it, that'll be cool too. Whatever we have to do to make this work.

we can ask spitdorefy to do it..............we can trust him don't we ?

Better him than me being he's a mod and he's more known around here than me. Although I do have 12,000 posts on IGN. :thumbs:

Click

If you are totally serious about this, ask a mod or someone to set it up - a known figure in the community + some sort of responsibility + able to contact them if things do go a bit bad

Right, i've used up my daily allowances of +'s, i have to go now

Like I said, hopefully a mod will chime in here and volunteer to set it up. Otherwise, I have a PayPal account ready to go.

We ruind the surprise already by posting it here :p Im sure valve reads these forums regularly.

MaxiKana said:
We ruind the surprise already by posting it here :p Im sure valve reads these forums regularly.

Don't worry, i'll scare them away....

STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD

Murray_H said:
Don't worry, i'll scare them away....

STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD STOLEN BUILD
I loled. :p

Pendragon, it'd be cool if you set an account up since you're a decent and trustworthy bloke.

no offense to you Xcellere of course. i'm sure you can understand the situation :) brilliant idea btw :thumbs:

MaxiKana said:

well then...

APRIL FOOLS VALVE!!! Ahaahha...we had you there!!! :E :E :E

Hmmm, afraid I won't be able to contribute, my mum controls the paypal account in this house.

"Hey mum, can I have ten bucks out of paypal?"
"What for?"
"Gonna buy a big fat guy a pizza. Nice guy, you'd like him."
"What sort of pizza?"
"I was thinking pepporoni, but I'd like to hear suggestions. How about the ten bucks then?"

Not gonna work, is it?

An awesome idea, too bad I can't participate in it, but I hope this really works out, letting Pendragon get them the pizzas would be a great idea!

Yeah, I'd like to pay but there are a few hindering factors:

The first one is my lack of money at the moment

And the second one is my lack of a credit card, or any card for that matter.

i have made a rule to never use any paypal system, ever. nor give credit card details to anyone but a licenced and WELL KNOW online store. so far amazon and gameplay are the only 2 that i trust.

very nice idea tho :D

we should send pizzas, "care of fragmaster" and have them anchovies, artichokes, and soysauce pizzas.

j/k

i'd do it, but i've had my card number stolen before, and my account is over drawn currently :( SHIT. bahhhhhhhhhh.....

paypal is trusted the world over. if they mess you around then you can royally screw em; their reputation is at stake if they do anything wrong.

anyway, i'd be able to contribute a few bob.

Can someone go on mIRC and tell the mods to AIM me at "EMTurano" on AIM? My mIRC is not working.

Pendragon said:
I'm flattered :) Unfortunately, I don't have the necessary resources (i.e. a credit card) to handle it. If there's no one else to, I might be able to do it via check, but since I'm all the way across the country, it wouldn't be ideal.

Well most of us are from europe. :p

You should make a thread about it, (that is if you're up to it). But could we do this later? like in about two weeks? Since i'd like to participate too.

Let's see... If three people share a pizza, then that would mean we need to send them 21.6666667 pizzas, or shall we say 22. And if each pizza is about 6$ then that means we need 132$. And if 10 people donate 10$, we need 14 people to donate.

I asked Rick how many pizzas we would need to send. I'll know later tonight.

Back