Who will play HL1 before release if no HL:S?

Will you play HL1 without HL:S if HL:S does not come out before HL2?

• Yes, am playing/will play Half-life 1 in the original format

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • I am waiting for HL:S to come out. If HL:S will not come before HL2 Then I will play HL1 old style

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • NO! I must wait and replay it in Half-Life:Source or not at all, even if it comes after HL2

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • No, I do not plan to play/replay Half-Life 1 unless Half-Life:Source is out BEFORE half-Life 2

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • No, I do not plan to play/replay Half-Life 1 at all

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

MajorPayne

Reaction score
I am just curious how many of us are planning on playing through the first Half-Life before release if Half-Life:Source is not released prior to Half-Life2? I myself am not waiting for HL:S to come out, and am already working through HL1 again. It had been years since the last time I played it, and it is reminding me of why I have finished so few other games since. The level design, plot, and gameplay are still better than most of what has come since. And lets face it, HL1 was never about the graphics, so much as the best damn game that ever was (until HL2). So how many of you are waiting for HL:S to play HL1 again?

I'm just going to wait till HL2 releases and run through HL:Source first.

Maybe, I don't know. I alwase get bored right after Unforeseen Consequences.

I doubt you will be seeing HL:S before the release. Also if anyone is planning on playing HL again before HL2 but want to on HL:S there wouldnt be much point in waiting, its essentially the same game they didnt alter anything as they decided that would be the best decision and it clearly is the best decision. If it aint broke, etc, etc.

The AI in HL is better than alot of games been released these days.

Soundwave said:
I'm just going to wait till HL2 releases and run through HL:Source first.

You have WAY more self-control than I do!!! I am playing it now because I know that the minute I CAN play HL2, I will. And I would never be able to wait through HL1 (even HL:S) knowing that HL2 was waiting to be discovered.

ViolenceJack said:
if anyone is planning on playing HL again before HL2 but want to on HL:S there wouldnt be much point in waiting, its essentially the same game they didnt alter anything as they decided that would be the best decision and it clearly is the best decision. If it aint broke, etc, etc.

The AI in HL is better than alot of games been released these days.

That is my theory too. I have heard that the graphics get a MINOR facelift, and they don't need to do anything to the AI anyway (it is already damn good), so why wait, when you could be playing HL1 to get ready for HL2?

I'm actually going through HL1 again, I'm taking it slow and I still haven't reached the surface yet...

i want to play it but. in the office it comes up sound error and thats through steam doin op though

metal6501 said:
i want to play it but. in the office it comes up sound error and thats through steam doin op though

Yeah, I have the steam installed version currently too, and I have some ODD problems occasionally (Despite it supposedly being patched to the hilt by steam).

Anything that moves up or down (elevators, lifts, etc) seems to have about a 30% chance of getting me stuck in the floor, and I either get crushed by nothing, or everything is stuck until I reload. This is especially common with elevators that go between levels (like the one which first takes you to the surface) unless I jump in the air right when the next level loads.

I am assuming this is just because we are trying to run an older game on VERY new hardware, so I just kinda work around it.

i just watched that video that had the guy go thru the whole game in 45 minutes :p

i think i might play it myself though...it would be smart for them to release hlsource like now though.

replayed hl, replaying opposing force, might replay blue shift, but that one not as good.

i cant just bombs out on sv_sound 05.but trouble with elevators on op f

MajorPayne said:
Anything that moves up or down (elevators, lifts, etc) seems to have about a 30% chance of getting me stuck in the floor, and I either get crushed by nothing, or everything is stuck until I reload. This is especially common with elevators that go between levels (like the one which first takes you to the surface) unless I jump in the air right when the next level loads.
The original used to do that too for me, so I don't think it's anything to do with new hardware. Just a bug they haven't fixed. As you say, jumping in the air helps.

No, I do not plan to play/replay Half-Life 1 at all

Beat it enough.

MajorPayne said:
You have WAY more self-control than I do!!! I am playing it now because I know that the minute I CAN play HL2, I will. And I would never be able to wait through HL1 (even HL:S) knowing that HL2 was waiting to be discovered.

Oh I'll be tempted to play HL2 immediately, don't get me wrong. It will be tough to resist it, but I'll give it a try.

Back