Who's getting the special edition?

As soon as the SE is avaiable for pre order I'll get it no matter what the cost but I have yet to see it as an option at Gamestop or EBgames.

If the 'extras' justify it I'll get the special edition, but a 3rd rate T-Shirt isn't going to swing it.

Since the SE will most likely be DVD only, I recently purchased a DVD-ROM drive just so I could get it, so now my answer is I'll definitely be getting the SE! I'm hoping it comes out the same day as the regular release.

I'm getting it just for all the conversions to Source. It'll be awesome :D

its not that they are obsolete, its just with todays games being 2+ or 3, 4,5, 6... + cds, its getting to be a MAJOR drag.

DVD drives cost less then your average game does. so there is no excuse to not have one, ALL games should be on dvd.

Ive had one since freakin 1998 on my computer and I STILL haven't gotten a single dvd game :eek:

I have the coupon for HL2 free over steam that came with my 9800xt. But I'm such a HL2 whore that I'm also gonna buy the collectors edition.

As for shelling out cash for a DVD Drive, as shapeshifter said, they're cheap. I have one that works great and I got it for $18 at a computer show.

shapeshifter said:
did he say they would all be included with the special edition?

all I heard was that they would realease them down the road at a resonable price.

regardless, im getting the SE, and it had better be DVD only.

GameSpy asked Doug Lombardi during their Live Wire interview, "So will the source version of Half-Life 1 and Counter-Strike and such be included with the Collector's Edition?" and he said "That's the idea..."

Yeh i want one! It will be on sale in Australia right ? :eek:
Bloody well better be :)

Back