Whos gonna be the first one to beat it!?

I doubt I'd keep going over the same area like that... but i am certainly going to enjoy every second of it... much like i did with HL, Deus Ex and Max Payne :)

If i dont like the game (haha yeah i thought that was stupid too) then i will be the first to complete it. If i odnt like something i get it over and done with as fast as possible unless its useful to me. If i do like something i will take as long about it as i can without going overboard.

how exactly can u complete it slowly ? Im assuming there is a single route like in hl. wot u gonna do look at the scenery? and anyway if u complete it quickly and its a great game, wot do u do next i know do it in hard mode.

Well, we've waited so long for this game, why would anyone try to finish it as fast as they can?

Originally posted by Fat Tony!
how exactly can u complete it slowly ? Im assuming there is a single route like in hl. wot u gonna do look at the scenery? and anyway if u complete it quickly and its a great game, wot do u do next i know do it in hard mode.

Hah, I'm going to start on hard mode; I love a good challenge!

Yep sounds gd to me but ill probably die a lot and get annoyed so maybe medium is better

Yep sounds gd to me but ill probably die a lot and get annoyed so maybe medium is better

Hmm, yeah, you might be right. Medium is a good compromise between being too easy and getting used to the steep learning curve of hard mode.

1. Buy a literature book.
2. You can pace yourself with it, instead of just running through the levels killing everything in sight.

Exactly. Why would you be happy to be the first one to beat it? I'm gonna take time and find out every secret I can through the first run.

Originally posted by Min Rizor
Gabe Newell will finish the game first, silly. :cool:

Ha, he already finished it. I bet most of devs in Valve so tired of HL2, they worked on it for 5 years.. They will never have fun that we will with HL2.

there is no way i'm rushing through this. i'm going to take my time and explore all the levels rather than run and shoot to the end of the map.

Ya same, ima take my sweet time, ill probly do that one lvl wit the hovercraft alot, thats sweet when it skids across the ground.

Oh yeah. I remember in HL1 the pure joy of blowing up the Apache. I think I loaded a couple of times just to do it again.

Fortunately, HL2 will have a lot more hovercraft, in a lot more interesting places (imagine blowing it it up in the city and it crashes into a building!) :)

Yeah, that would be cool if there is some sort of skyscraper level where your lookin out the window and you see a hovercraft, then outta nowhere, a jet or somethin come in and shoots the hovercraft wit two missles. Then imagine it come towards the windows and you running backwards tryin to get away, then it bursts thru and skids along the ground and knocks you out of the building thru the other side. That would be cool. haha.

Would probably kill you tho. It would be like being hit by a car. Only it's about twenty times bigger and heavier. And it's moving faster.

Originally posted by stigmata
Would probably kill you tho. It would be like being hit by a car. Only it's about twenty times bigger and heavier. And it's moving faster.
Yeah i know, heheh your not goin to survive a fall out of a scyscraper anyway, HEV suit or not. So either way your dead, jus thought it would be cool.

I'm going to open up a big cold can of whoopass on those combine soldiers :) (just thought i let ya know that)

Yeah, the combine will be fun to fight against, what with their advanced ai and whatnot, kicking in doors and stuff. I can honestly say im really lookin forward to this game. heheh

I can honestly say I've been telling everyone I know about this, and showing all my friends the videos, and just psyching myself up more for a 94 day WAIT FMKLFK:FJJFSLFJSKFJS. Gabe sounded kind of willing to give up HL2 for a price on that one e-mail. Hmmm...

I wonder if you will ever get 2 pistols instead of one.Can ya imagne going akimbo against a bunch of combine soldiers, doing a bunch of matrix crap.That would be so cool.

ugh, akimbo is the worst in games, especially first person. i wish people would get over them.

also, you aren't gonna be doing matrix stuff, are you? and it wouldn't even be cool.

Originally posted by Wesisapie
ugh, akimbo is the worst in games, especially first person. i wish people would get over them.

also, you aren't gonna be doing matrix stuff, are you? and it wouldn't even be cool.

Agree

what's to stop me from opening console, writing "map c12e6d" "god" "snapshot"?

I want the cookie, damn it.

I don't think there is any point is wondering who will make it to the end first... especially since what MoD sed.... its true you don't have do anything... no skill involved

But seriously, who would do that? Ruin the whole game by going straight to the end?

someone who really wanted to be the first to beat it... and maybe someone sadistic enough to spoil it for all of us

Originally posted by mrBadger
someone who really wanted to be the first to beat it... and maybe someone sadistic enough to spoil it for all of us

Yeah. Telling us the end would be like that simpsons where where homer tells eveyone that Darth Vader is Lukes dad, before they have seen the film.

Personally, I'm going to spend hours, shooting wood and throwing things round (with the weapon, if a version is included)...
If not it's the only thing I'll cheat to get :p

If someone cheats and goes to the end and tells us all about it, i say we all need to go over to his house and beat the shit outta him

Back