Why are game threads not alowed?

They degenerate into spam way too easily. If you plan to have a game thread, its best to do it on a forum where you know and trust all of the members not to spam it.
I once had a 20 page RPG running on an Ultima Online forum, but that forum only had some 30 members.

-Angry Lawyer

It works well with maybe 15 or 20 people but on here? Spam fest and a needless one at that ... so no.

I was thinking of making a little RPG thread with a senario where there is a Combine squad attacking a rebel base. Oh well.

ríomhaire said:
I was thinking of making a little RPG thread with a senario where there is a Combine squad attacking a rebel base. Oh well.
lol...original, if you really want to do some writing, then open microsoft word and start typing. Then you have a spam free version, you accomplished all yourself :) Yay for time wasting.

Hectic Glenn said:
lol...original, if you really want to do some writing, then open microsoft word and start typing. Then you have a spam free version, you accomplished all yourself :) Yay for time wasting.
I don't think you understood what I meant, but I'm not going to bother explaining it.

ríomhaire said:
Your best bet is to oepn an IRC channel and invite a few people who are interested into it. Save the results, post it here, and you've got a much cleaner RPG.

-Angry Lawyer

I like the 'continue the sentence' games better.

Back