Why are his gloves shiny?

Wrath said:
In the old Bink vids Gordan freemans gloves looked like rubber, ass seen in the first attached pic.

But in the new bink vids Gordans gloves are shiny, almost clear, like glass, as seen in the second pic.

I myself like the old gloves better as they seem more like rubber. So what are your theories and/or thoughts on the new gloves?

*edit* I realize I didn't take the best of pictures, but you can KINDA see what I'm talking about in them.

Have you played original half-life? If you have then you would notice that his gloves are shiny

same with the crowbar, in the first few seconds of the ravenholm bink you can really appreciate the shinyness of the crowbar, didn't look finished, but better than the traptown-era movies

Ownzed said:
It seems TOO much stuff in shiny. Like in CS:S the seats in the car are shiny. That's not right. Also the shiny tires...I don't ever see shiny tires around..at least not around the top. :(

Being as I don't have CS:S beta, all I can say is: some leather and suede car seats do deflect light in the manner represented in the pictures. I'm not sure where you'd find reflective gloves though, even rubber type gloves are more translucent than reflective. You might get a light source glare, but not much else.

i preferred the more electronic orange/black ones in original HL

Nex321 said:
Have you played original half-life? If you have then you would notice that his gloves are shiny
I added almost clear mind you. They almost look like a freaking mirror, not like in hl1. Hl1 had a tiny amount of shine, but even the old engine has more realistic gloves than todays hl2 mirror gloves.

you think his gloves are shiny...
IF you look at the "i thought you were a cop" BINK..
(sorry, forgot the name)
you see that All the walls are shiny! even the ones in shadow..
and the floor.. (do they scrub it everyday?)
Now that is a prob.

She said:
you think his gloves are shiny...
IF you look at the "i thought you were a cop" BINK..
(sorry, forgot the name)
you see that All the walls are shiny! even the ones in shadow..
and the floor.. (do they scrub it everyday?)
Now that is a prob.
I've noticed that too...I am way excited about HL2 and I think the graphics are great but after watching some of the binks you kinda get the feeling that Gabe is saying "ADD A SHADER TO THAT!!!1111," and although it won't stop me from playing the game or even liking the game I think I have the right to say something about it 'cause there is nothing else to talk about right now.

You people are staring at things too much and seeing things.

Wrath said:

GORDON
ffs...

Gordan sounds something taken from starwars...

OMG Luke the gordans are cumming right at us!

Back