Why are physics still so stupid ?!

schaf

Reaction score
As everybody can see, HL2:DM seems to use corect physics and isn't lagging at all!
So why the hell are physics ins CS:S still so ... pushing you back and stuff.
It would be cool to use barricades and stuff like that for it. Simply by "using" the objects standing around, or kickin it or anything.

I think evrybody will tell you that correct physics would be great, because they are really annoying sometimes now. (pushing you back ) :flame:

I have a feeling counter strike source is going to the wayside in light of what can be done with the half life 2 engine. Personally I don't play it that much, as I would much rather play hldm.

hldm is too much spill... there really isnt that much tactical skill involved... but its fun to sometimes just run around like a maniac.. i for one like recoil, and teamplay.. i hope cs:s evolves towards this goal more..

In CS:S with a ping of 200 or less I can play very well without problem.
In HL2:DM I need a ping of less than 50 to actually be able to play well and not see radiators warp around lagging in the air.

CS:S has less physics features in order to have more smooth and better gameplay.

And well... you haven't got the gravity gun in CS:S so completely good physics aren't needed in my opinion.

but still pushing a few barrels around should be allowed, at least not making you push back from them because that makes them more unrealisting as if they were still and you couldnt move them at all...

It's built into the map, Valve made it so you can't stand on them because people would just complain that it changes the gameplay too much, being able to get to high places.

I think picking up objects in CS:S would be a great addition to the gameplay. Using filling cabinets as shields, throwing items as distractions.

A minor addition but a valid one i think

I dont like it to , btw getting to high places is always possible go stand on your teammember and when he stands up you can almost come everywere we use this shit alot in our clan.

Bouncing off barrels has to be the most annoying thing ever. It's probably the only reason why I like the gameplay of the original CS better.
But I still play CS:S way more than regular CS. I can't help it. It just looks too pretty.

oasismark said:
I think picking up objects in CS:S would be a great addition to the gameplay. Using filling cabinets as shields, throwing items as distractions.

A minor addition but a valid one i think

Thats what AMX Mod is for :)

Physics shouldn't be that important as in HL2DM.
But it should feel more real and not push you back.
That was my point.
And it would add more realism to the gameplay when you can use barrels as a barricade or sth.

Maybe we'll see all this in TF2 :rolling:

Back