Why can't you start mapping for HL2 officially?

H

HalfBob42

I heard Valve did not release the .fgc (?) files for the Hammer editor yet. Why? When will they release em?

No they havnt released the full sdk with the hl2 stuff yet.

Then how did they make those Half-Life 2 test maps for multiplayer testing?

They own their own software (duh), they just haven't released it yet. (I assume ur talking about maps like test_speakers or w/e).

No, 7hoR ment the HL2 Multiplayer test maps. They were made with with HL2 config but if you notice they were custom HEVs. & the other maps used base.fgd which has materials.

They have finished putting the rest of the SDK together and sorting out documentation.

I can get maps to work in HL2 (it only took about 5 minutes to set up without any help, minus extracting all the HL2 files from GCFs)... in fact, here is a little test map of my own. Since I was a lazy bastard, you'll need to use impulse 101 to get weapons and the "ch_" commands to spawn vehicles. Perhaps I'll go back and add more to it (more than just weapons and vehicles)... but that may be the last version.

It is possible to extarct all of the HL2 files into the editor. I just don't recommend it since it'll eat up so much space.
I thought I had a link to the site that shows you how but I guess not. Search these forums for the solution.

Back