Why Content Was Cut From The Game

S

slapdragon

seen a lot of posts wondering why so many things shown in videos and things have been cut from half-life 2. monsters, numerous weapons, and levels are missing along with the biggest cut of all multiplayer. CS:S is not half-life 2 multiplayer, yet at one point gabe was talking about how he played hl2 multiplayer every day. Deathmatch was planned for hl2 obviously since an unfinished version is included in the final game.

anyways like I said many things from the first E3 demo are missing things like crosshairs showing how much ammo you have left, AI kicking down doors... too many to list. why was this content cut?

"Content has been cut from the game in an attempt to get it to ship sooner."

And that was said all the way back last April by fragmaster when he left planethalflife. if you'll recall from the post in the official info from valve thread valve said in response to fragmasters claim that content had been cut something like "we don't know where he thinks he got that information"

it is pretty sad that basically everything fragmaster said back then about the state of the game was absolutely true and confirmed by valve themselves in the final hours of half-life 2 article. they now admit they werent even close to shipping hl2 back then.

i think HL2 was good game but i agree with gamespots review and i am a little disappointed by all the cuts especially how they affected the story.

half-life 2 could have been so much more but they had to cut so much to get the game to ship this year that the game turned out good rather than great like the original but thats just IMHO course

The only thing I miss are the assassins and the nifty tricks that were planned for A.I. For instance, there was supposed to be a monster that could insert his tentacle into a door letterbox, see if you were in there, and then kick down the door.

Eternity said:
The only thing I miss are the assassins and the nifty tricks that were planned for A.I. For instance, there was supposed to be a monster that could insert his tentacle into a door letterbox, see if you were in there, and then kick down the door.
Yes, darn it! That's the one I wanted to see.
And better soldier AI. As it stands, the smartest creature in the game is the fast headcrab zombie.

slapdragon said:
anyways like I said many things from the first E3 demo are missing things like crosshairs showing how much ammo you have left, AI kicking down doors... too many to list. why was this content cut?

those corsairs are still there, you have to activate them in options.

Back