Why did you buy Half-Life 2?

Any of those reasons alone would have been enough for me... even cs:s, although that's a pretty close call. But in the end really, single player was the most important to me.

MFazio23 said:
I'm doing research for a paper for my English class, and I wanted to know the reason that people bought Half-Life 2. I know most would say for the whole package, but what part in particular was the most appealing?

1. Single player
2. CS:Source
3. Graphics/Physics
4. Playing user-made mods (Including maps and gametypes)
5. Creating mods (The above plus skins, models, etc)

and also, did the knowledge that user-made modifications were inevitable impact your decision to purchase the game?

Well, I didn't buy it, I had an ATI cupon, but I would've bought it for Single player, I don't like DM kind of games, is all run and shoot. I hope they realease a Coop. Or a Single player mod, or something. I hate DM!

my main reason for buying half-life2, is #1 in your list , i would have to say. for the single player action in fps, with good weapons and that. to satisfy my undenyable killer instincts like i buy most fps games for. and cos fps is the best and most action sport in the world...

i also like Half-life in particular, for its sci-fi, other worldly environment and brilliant storytelling and imaginative genious which both half-lifes fulfill so well. its a mindblower as the first one was . u learn more on these games than at school.

i dont think your silly teachers will like the first part i said but then again they are like the combine when it comes to stamping out peoples instincts and mental freedom. evil mind controlers

my instinct isnt wasted either in those games HL2 gives u some real baddies to kill and u save the world for humanity.

:bonce:

Primary reason is 1, 3 to a lesser extent. User mods (4) don't often turn out that well, and I'd love to mod (5) but I just don't have the time. Not a big CS fan because I suck at it.

pure respect of the game and VALVe.
half-life series has done so much for the gaming industry.
i don't buy games, not worth my 70 bucks. unless, its a game like HL2.

Single Player for the most part, graphics, physics, and it just looked plain interesting.

Back