why do all the black characters look the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
besides Eli, I know that there is at least two different black characters

two of them are standing within 5 feet of each other in the train station.

I thought the source engine dynamically created new people so that everyone was different? Of course many will look identical, but they have subtle differences.

And when I played, I found a lot of people that looked completely different.

Because all black people look the same.

Just kidding. Really, they don't look too similar. There's about two different civilian and resistance black soldiers and 3 or 4 white ones. They may look similar since they have black people feckles and Valve didn't make them look too different, but it's fine really.

Well the creator of this thread really knows how to stir up a racial argument.

Its quite.... pathetic.

Shodan said:
Well the creator of this thread really knows how to stir up a racial argument.

Its quite.... pathetic.
You know what's funny though? I'm not even sure if that was his original intention.

...probably was though. These kids with their long hair and their loud music...

I don't even get what the **** the point of this thread is...If you so damn smart go make a game with 1000+ models for every racial/sexual group. Also- Make it as good as hl2.

CookieCuttah said:
I don't even get what the **** the point of this thread is...If you so damn smart go make a game with 1000+ models for every racial/sexual group. Also- Make it as good as hl2.

Word :thumbs:

CookieCuttah said:
No, he'd rather just whine about it. It's soooo much easier, ya?

Oh, no no no...I got it... "I COULD, but making a game better than HL2 would be so easy it would be a waste of my time!"

Evidence? I looked at all the skins of the various resistance members. There are 4 black, 4 white skins (or approximately so). If you say all the black characters look the same, I'm afraid I must raise the point of all the white characters looking the same.

I see a large difference between the various black characters, sorry, but I disagree with you. The resistance all look the same to me anyway.

It could be argued it is more realistic. You don't spend enough time with a guy to remember his face, and he dies quickly, you are like OMG I didn't even know his name. I know I don't really distinguish the average person's face until I have spent considerable time with them or got to know them more.

CookieCuttah said:

Dont forget the racial groups! Have some of the zombies say "Oh Allah" instead of "Oh God" :rolleyes:

well, there arent as many blacks in europe compared to other places (may be wrong on this correct me if i am) so i guess that Valve though that one model would suffice.

I'm sure black people feel the same about white people "y'all look alike!" :D

Just to clear this all up:

There are 6 female human models:
2 white
2 black
1 asian
1 mixed white/black

There are 9 male human models:

2 black
1 asian
6 white

And there's a lowres arab guy but I don't think he shows up in game - likely an unused development asset.

I'd like to point out that proportionally, black and asian people are just about right in the numbers represented for an American population. For eastern Europe, they're likely overrepresented.

Why can't black people say 'ask'?

maybe that character is magic, and there really is only one of them!!!

You can't be telling me that you're offended by this...

*sarcasm*

OMG!!
Why aren't there any jews, hispanics, sihks, indians, russians, australians, french, italians, turkish, siberians, polish, romanians, spanish, arabians, greeks, persians, checkoslavakians, amish, swedes, ukrainians, netherlands, hawaians, dutch, circus clows, OR atlantians!!!
This game is SOOO racist!!!

*end sarcasm*

pshh.... honestly....

Dammit..Games are so politacily incorrect! They show more white people, i mean what the hell...Thats racist, hell the media is racist! Lets go back to books!
*Cricket chirps*
Uh...Sarcasm?

this thread proves political correctness has gone too far and needs to be crushed stopped and killed off.

I got a tattoo and I didn't see any in the game!!!! I guess Valve thought they were to good for tattoo's BURN IN HELL VALVE, BURN.

Why are there any black people at all in HL2? I was always told when the aliens invade they are going to eat the fat people and blacks first.

I don't see any fat people, so why do we still have blacks?

wasnt part of valve's technology showcase: the ability to have totally randomly generated faces of characters?

Jesus H Christ, this reminds me of a thread like 3 years ago on counterstike.net about there being no Women players in the game. Wtf?! Does everything have to be politically correct?! Shut the **** up!

This thread is to big for me to read, but I would like to add that there is way more black people in City 17 then it's Eastern Bloc setting really has.

TrevorGrigg said:
This thread is to big for me to read, but I would like to add that there is way more black people in City 17 then it's Eastern Bloc setting really has.
Exactly, its an eastern European city, not africa, not the Carribean, not America. I know it must be hard for some people to believe, but there are some places where white (oh I am sorry, "Caucasion" which means they are from the Cacasus region, which they are not from...) people then other racial groups... Shocking I know.
:rollseyes:

I should also add that there are way more ant lions in City 17 then it's Eastern Bloc setting really has.

TrevorGrigg said:
I should also add that there are way more ant lions in City 17 then it's Eastern Bloc setting really has.
Yeah, where are the BLACK ant lions? And what about the Hispanic ant lions!? God this game is soooo racist!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back