why do some servers disable flashlights?

Sheikah42

Reaction score
Personally I find it pretty annoying when i'm in a dark area where i need a flashlight to see if i'm shooting at a teammate or an enemy, yet have no access to. Is there a reason that deals with lag for disabling flashlights? doesn't anyone else feel that flashlights should just always be allowed?

personally i have my brightness set high enough so i never need a flashlight

however i think they look cool

but do they cause lag or something? why would people want to disable them?

I dunno, some people abuse the flashlight but clicking it on and off, on and off and so on but other than that I guess it's just preference. If you're playing dust and you're a T, click the flashlight on and you're gunna stick out to some CT's looking down from B. But, meh.

xLostx said:
some people abuse the flashlight but clicking it on and off, on and off and so on
That is an effective way of team communication without typing or using a mic.

CombineHarvester said:
That is an effective way of team communication without typing or using a mic.

lololol

oh.. wait.. your joking

you are joking right?

It's to avoid people with 7800s from bullying the Geforce 4s.

Bah to flashlight tbh, i started buying Nightvision yesterday, have to say the game looks mighty cool when ya using that lol

Then you have people activating/deactivating nightvision all the time. LOL

Exclamatio said:
lololol

oh.. wait.. your joking

you are joking right?
lol, no I'm not at all. I don't mean communicate through morse code! :p I flash to tell my mates how many people are approaching (I say enemy spotted and flash the number), use it to point out stuff like bomb location, or simply to get someone's attention.

CombineHarvester said:
lol, no I'm not at all. I don't mean communicate through morse code! :p I flash to tell my mates how many people are approaching (I say enemy spotted and flash the number), use it to point out stuff like bomb location, or simply to get someone's attention.

hehe aye thats fair enough :D

CombineHarvester said:
Until the teamate is like "WTF IS HE DOING!! NEWB *TK*" then you slay them...weee

Wait..why does that sound like something that happened to me! :(

Sorry if your offended but im really going to have to laugh at that ....... lmfao !

Back