Why does Dr Kliener have a Rug in his Labs?

Well i doubt he has much of a home in city 17, he just wants things in his lab to be as cosy as possible, he would most likley be in there all day

maybe he stole it in a riot and displays it to show his revolutionary spirit

That looks like a rug from The Sims.

Not that I own or play The Sims...

I bet walter likes that stuff... Unlike that brute, freeman...

It's hiding a trap door below is a room with millions upon millions of headcrabs, set to be released whenever kliener sees fit.

The lab is an improvised set up in a abandoned building. The rug was prolly already there. Not that it doesn't look nice.

It looks like the rugs in Bloodlines. yeah, I know, that game uses source,too so maybe it's a copy.
The trapdoor underneath is hardly noticeable so it does its job perfectly

Im more interested to know why the magnifying glass is clamped the desk through sheets of paper.

Kleiner swapped his ridiculous tie for a ridiculous rug.

It is a big persian rug. As you can see in the picture he doesn't have a chair because he likes to stand, probably so he can get around easier in that big lab. Thick persian rugs are very easy on the feet, which is why you see them used on stage at concerts where people are standing for 2 to 3 hours at a time.

UKchaos2 said:
Im more interested to know why the magnifying glass is clamped the desk through sheets of paper.

That is a far more perplexing question. My guess is there is a trap door under the papers.

UKchaos2 said:

Resources of the world are depleted. He's just making sure the combine don't steel his precious paper ;)

More interstingly, what is that orange gloop in tanks, in the background. I wonder if the HEV suit is in liquid form before constucting it? :O

My Guess

Perhaps you can use the manipulator to pull it out from under him? ;)

Yeah, I was away from the forums for a long while. But now I am back, so neverfear! ;) I came back due to the release date being announced, and my hype-meter's climbing.

Just when I thought I escaped Rumors and Speculation, they keep draging me back in. :LOL:

SimonomiS said:
Maybe THATS the Easter Egg from the vids!

Stare at Kleiner's glasses during the vid....real closely....

Oh, this is SO obvious. How could Kleiner sneak up behind his fellow rebels and zap them with a nice static charge if he doesn't have a RUG to shuffle his feet across? You can't build up a static charge by shuffling across concrete or tile...

Same rug is in Breen´s residence. (Score magazine screenshot).

heh i think thats just because its the same model. You cant expect EVERY object in the game to be different.

Jangle said:
heh i think thats just because its the same model. You cant expect EVERY object in the game to be different.
you're missing the point. dr kleiner IS Breen. or both live in the same house.

dirge23 said:
it really ties the room together.

You win!

I really don't care about if theres a rug there or not. Kleiner just moved in, and he probably never felt like picking it up...

Bumph.

Kleiner escapes any Combine attacks on his lab with it, since, like all rugs, it's a magic flying one!

nagual678 said:
or both live in the same house.

Aaah, I always knew that the evil overlord types had a thing for balding, thickly-glasserererered (spelling?) scientists... :naughty:

the rug adds flavour to what would seem to be a dank, plain, claustrophic, room. The dated computers have some antiqueity to them and adds a little bit of the old world to the room. Messy and cluttered, The rug could be a symbol for things to come or I'm in plain kahoots.

Back