Why Does Portal Mention Women A Lot?

its not a masoginistic game, Aperture most likely wants women as test subjects because,
1. women are more doscile, less likely to assult staff
2. women are (apparently) more adaptiable, women will accept there sitiuation easier (hard to cope with being heald prisioner)
3. women are (also apparently) more inteligent and inovative, while men tend to be better with thinking on there feet, women have a better puzzle solving ability, and seeing as theres no time limit or enimies in the tests this skill is a nescisity
4. women have a higher tolerance for pain than men (fact)
5. a woman going missing is more comman than a man going missing, making it easyer to explain away there disappearence

please learn english and try again.

on-topic: it's obviously all part of an atmosphere deliberately created to set portal apart from other games, don't read too much into it.

on-topic: it's obviously all part of an atmosphere deliberately created to set portal apart from other games, don't read too much into it.

learn to not take stuff at face value, and try again <--he said mockingly

thts is VALVe were dealing with, they build there games off ambiguity, more so with portal (being a sealed environment) , theres even an Aperture website, with a COMPLETE HISTORY of Aperture Labs, if u werent meant to read too much into ti, they wouldent have made so much stuff 4 u 2 read too deep into. this isnt Bungie, where everythings put theres to look cool.

and portals plot and gameplay sets it apart enough as it is, i dont see IGN commenting on portals "offbeat use of a female main character"

its not a masoginistic game, Aperture most likely wants women as test subjects because,
1. women are more doscile, less likely to assult staff
2. women are (apparently) more adaptiable, women will accept there sitiuation easier (hard to cope with being heald prisioner)
3. women are (also apparently) more inteligent and inovative, while men tend to be better with thinking on there feet, women have a better puzzle solving ability, and seeing as theres no time limit or enimies in the tests this skill is a nescisity
4. women have a higher tolerance for pain than men (fact)
5. a woman going missing is more comman than a man going missing, making it easyer to explain away there disappearence

learn to not take stuff at face value, and try again <--he said mockingly

thts is VALVe were dealing with, they build there games off ambiguity, more so with portal (being a sealed environment) , theres even an Aperture website, with a COMPLETE HISTORY of Aperture Labs, if u werent meant to read too much into ti, they wouldent have made so much stuff 4 u 2 read too deep into. this isnt Bungie, where everythings put theres to look cool.

and portals plot and gameplay sets it apart enough as it is, i dont see IGN commenting on portals "offbeat use of a female main character"

I can't understand what you're saying.

Wow, heil english nazi over here... His post made perfect sense, if you took the time to read it.

I see you got period use down cold. NICE JOB! Now onto our next lesson, the shift key. It's not just for steadying aim in CoD4, it can actually provide you with capital letters allowing you to make ACTUAL sentences!!

Some writer once said that men are utterly boring creatures unless they are in the presence of a woman. I think having a tight-knit group of young developers with a female or two in it can alter some brain chemistry. (and development choices)

Back