why mister... why did u lie... mister....

thehunter1320

Reaction score
all of those Fing scenes are Fing scripted... THEY LIED!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!1 srry, had to get that in the open
BTW, if anybody has the "on Sept. 30th, Gabew Newell will make u his bitch" picture, post it... i wanna do sumthing to it

if one downloaded the beta and opened trap town in the editor you will clearly see the door kicking and the window shooting is scripted

Magma is a substance that oozes from volcanoes! ;)

they made it like that for e3 too see, they ment to have it in that exact sequence for that video, its not for the whole game.

The sequence is not scripted, why are so many jumping on Valve instead of an obviously fake nfo file?

Who here actually though that a game would be release and shipped with one of it's main selling points completely faked and not even to the standard of a 5 year old game? Honestly.

I've checked that cyborg thing that gamespy talked about in their interview, the one that chases them, it has a doorbreak animation where it does exactly like what they said it does in the gamespy.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Duh, it was for e3.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Quoted for emphasis.

Quoted for super emphasis.

its definetly scripted, they dont even shoot at all other than during the door kicking in and stuff...

well they shouldn't advertise it as completely non scripted combat between player and bots if in the movie they give us to drool over is just good AI sugar coated with scripting. when you watch that you are under the impression that this is all unscripted and thinking 'wow'. Just seems like a sneaky thing to do. just my thoughts.

No you are quite wrong

The AI in some levels is quite astonishing - wait till the final game - you wont believe how good the AI is.

Now stop refering to the beta as a finished product on which to base your assumptions - its not, its a brief glimpse at what will be an awesome finished product

if one downloaded the beta and opened trap town in the editor you will clearly see the door kicking and the window shooting is scripted

ITS NOT A BETA. it WAS FOR E3. if i was chasing after u, and you closed the door...WTF do u think i would do? just sit there? NO, i would kick the damn door down.

ok i didn't ever say it was a finished product and i never said the AI was bad in fact its probably the best ai i've seen in a game but it was still scripted. a glimpse at the game shouldn't be a scripted thing like that, it should be untainted gameplay. and please dont flame me cause thats just what i think if you dont agree fine.

Originally posted by Voltage
its definetly scripted, they dont even shoot at all other than during the door kicking in and stuff...

Actually the combine that Gabe throughs the barrel at does shoot at him before he even goes into the building

Originally posted by bizzy420
ITS NOT A BETA. it WAS FOR E3. if i was chasing after u, and you closed the door...WTF do u think i would do? just sit there? NO, i would kick the damn door down.

It doesn't just have beta maps in it.

All games are scripted.

Think of linear scripting as a tree.

Think of the nonlinear scripting as a tree with branches.

That just means, instead of a single process and outcome, there are multiple processes, and different outcomes.

Do not:

Request the illegal release or post download links.
Post or request links to sites hosting any content from the release.
Post screenshots of the release.
Post spoilers or information contained in the release.

Doesnt this violate this rule?

Originally posted by Voltage

hey dumbos

try doing something other than following the SAME ROUTE they took in the E3 trailer. no wonder you're complaining "oh it was alllll scripted".

it's cos you're doing the same ****ing thing they did in may. no wonder it's the same. if you stayed outside or if you didn't close the door then maybe something different would happen. hmm????? so thick i can't believe it.

USE YOUR ****IN HEAD YOU THIEVES.

There is no such thing as a game that is not scripted. It's just the way that the game handles those scripts or the amount of scripts the game has. IN hl2 they said that the AI will choose a certain path. This path is a scripted function.

it's like stealing a car from the production line and saying "there's no doors on that freakin car, and they advertised it as having doors and all". well shit, let them finish assembling the ****ing car!

Yes. VALVe has been touting pretty much all this time how they are going to have unscripted AI. Then when they finnally release the game!

Gabe - "HAHA! Look at our funny joke! It's scripted! We lied about a major selling point of the game assuming that everyone would just buy it right off the shelf not reading reviews about the game at all!"

Come on. Use some logic people. For one, this is an unoffical, stolen, compiled by someone in his basement, version of the game. How do you even know it's the most recent version?

Yea your stealing a product and complaining about it what do i have to say bout this? DIE U ****ING SHITHEADS

Originally posted by Fender357
quote:
Duh, it was for e3.

quote:
Quoted for emphasis.

See? Lets try that again

Originally posted by Fender357
quote:
Duh, it was for e3.

quote:
Quoted for emphasis.

:bounce: get it into your lil minds

they didn't say it wasn't scripted, they sad the ai would react diffrent to diffrent situations. you cann't make a game with now scripts with the current understanding of ai.

ai is what is in the name: ARTIFICIAL! if it were really intelligent it would kill you in the first room in 10 secs ;)

the parts shown as scripted are ALL parts of E3, they wanted to show you what CAN happen. would be nice to show a demo of 3 grunts picknick outside the door huh? they wanted to give some action, so they HAD to script it. to show the people what the experience HL2 CAN be.

and as you can clearly see this ISN'T the full release, so who sais that in THIS release the ai is complete???

there are so many things you can spaculate and biatch about but you just cann't be sure it is the way it will be in the final game. if the final product has LOT's of scripts you can nag, but don't because some small E3 levels show you.

so stop whining, and start waiting for the final release allready, it won't make your d*ck bigger or give you a sixpack to biatch about this release. the things shown 2 be scripted are from E3, E3 version isn't the game as we will play it. the rest of the game ISN't finished/gold/released/etc so shove a popsikle in your mouth and sit down!

Dear Genius.

You don't have the final game. Remember? You STOLE the game by downloading and UNFINISHED version that was STOLEN from Valve. And then you complain. Do we need to get out a big stick to beat it into your brain? DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT *UNFINISHED* PRODUCTS THAT YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE.

Originally posted by Benji
it's like stealing a car from the production line and saying "there's no doors on that freakin car, and they advertised it as having doors and all". well shit, let them finish assembling the ****ing car!

THIS PERSON TALKS SENSE.

All you tossers moaning like girls about Valve telling lies, or being dishonest, or whatever, should remember you are making judgements on some half-ass raggedy p.o.s leaked on the net, and not the final "GOLD" version of the game.

Has any leak of a game before now brought so many dip-shits out from under their rocks to whine?

Once I heard a girl moan and then she started making high pitches screams of delight.... OH... yeah this person talks sense alright. Like the assembly car thing :)

Originally posted by Benji
Word.

What I find annoying is the very small levels and long loading times. Hopefully that's just for the beta.

Back