Why no PS3 Left 4 Dead?

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
Chet Faliszek has provided Kotaku with a brief summary of why there isn't a PS3 version of Left 4 Dead at the moment.[br]
Faliszek said that it's mostly a matter of development time. Creating the Xbox 360 version of the game is close enough to creating the PC version that it's "almost like pushing an A button," he said. The PS3 version, though, essentially requires starting from scratch.
[br]More information including a mini-lowdown on how the 360 version plays right here.

Might explain why there are fewer PS3 games also.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/1063

Gabe was explaining the inherent problem with the PS3 a good couple of years ago. Here's him talking to 1UP, he covers a bunch of stuff but he does get into the specifics of the problems with coding for the PS3 back in 2006. ;)

The 360's enourmous similarities with PC architecture have also caused it to cannibalise a lot of PC development. Think about that next time you turn yours on you GOD DAMN TRAITOR!!

lol yeah, I would never consider playing valve games on a console. I just get a video card with HDMI out then play it on my TV

Might explain why there are fewer PS3 games also.

Also explains why a lot of third party companies games are great on other consoles and not the PS3, they aren't willing to spend the extra effort.

The 360's enourmous similarities with PC architecture have also caused it to cannibalise a lot of PC development. Think about that next time you turn yours on you GOD DAMN TRAITOR!!

As a PC gamer, I have no interest whatsoever in the 360.

Probably because it would hardly pay for the development cost. Valve doesn't have an in-house porting team with PS3 architecture experience so they'd have to pay EA (or someone else) to do it.

Probably because it would hardly pay for the development cost. Valve doesn't have an in-house porting team with PS3 architecture experience so they'd have to pay EA (or someone else) to **** it up.
Fixed.

I don't think Valve paid EA to port it. From what I've read EA offered their services in the hopes of making money off of sales.

I would get this on the 360 because of not having a PC capable of running L4D (well).

The only thing holding me back is the absolute fucking shitfest that is Xbox Live and what is going to be a complete lack of (free) content updates for the 360 version.

Damn and I was hoping so hard that the rumours about EA making a ps3 version where true :(

Who would play a first person shooter on a console anyway... I can understand the third person/over-the-shoulder shooters, they seem to fit great with the console, but not first person. Those belong on PC's, where there's no auto aim and all that other stuff that is required for consoles.

Back