Why NOT to buy retail

UT2k4 was 6 CDs with 5.5 gigs.
Like I said, I'd rather have to wait an extra 4 minutes to install 2 more CDs than have my stuff compressed.

gold already ordered..because I get the CE box ,apparently to put the hat and other (cool) nonsense in..
and I can burn my gcf's to dvd or something...hell the dual-layer dvd burners are only like $80-$100 nowadays,
get one of those and you could probably burn ALL your steam games on one 8.5GB dvd..ok,more like 2..make labels,voila! "legit" HL2 dvd..
who gets my money? VALVe gets it..they paid for HL2,not VUG..

besides we do want HL3 to kick even more ass than this one right?

blahblahblah said:
I'm buying whatever is cheaper. Right now it is looking like it will be cheaper for me to buy retail (and I get a box and CD's).

I have a 4 mbit cable connection. To reload HL2 through steam will take me roughly 2.5 hours if it maximizes my internet connection. That is so much quicker than reinstalling through CD's. :rolleyes:

I don't care who gets my money. I want the best value for me. Valve is a corporation like Vivendi. They only care about money. That means I only care about price. Valve loyalty stuff is absurd. They get the same share of money when I bough HL retail when I buy HL2 retail. From the looks of Valve right now, I think they made a fair amount of money from HL.

Thank you. If Valve passed on the savings I'd buy via Steam but since they aren't I'm getting the retail version for the exact same reasons you stated.

Is this another 'Dont buy retail, you will help the devil! (VUG)'

I am buying throguh retail because the download for silver is like 6 GHz. I dont really care who gets my money, I am sick of waiting for this game...

Back