Wii connection problems (please help)

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
I've connected to the Internet from my Wii using three different wireless networks before, so I know it's not a fault with my Wii but I cannot get it to connect to the internet with this network. It's a 3 wireless router and other than the connection being a little shaky and occasionally having to turn on and off the router to get a connection to the internet back it works, but I keep trying to set it up with my Wii (want to buy Sonic 4) and I keep getting Error Code 51332, which Googling gives me this.

I've followed the instructions and even tried the manual setup. I made sure that the security type was right. When I got to the end of the manual setup it asked for an MTU number, not having a clue what this was I googled it and one of the results said just to stick it at 1500 and not worry about it. The Nintendo page also asks to put the router's channel at 1 or 11 and it's already at 11.

Any further ideas? Was the MTU number wrong? Should it be set to something else? This is really annoying.

Turn off the wireless security on your router and try connecting to it. If there is a problem with the network security options then it should work fine but if it doesn't you can look at other issues. May as well make sure.

Back