Will a laptop with X3100 run the HL2 series well?

R

rpeters83

I'm looking into laptops and want something smaller, but something that could at least play HL2. How well will the integrated X3100 or X4500 (centrino 2) laptops handle these games? I have a larger laptop now with an ati 9100 igp and it plays them decently but at the lowest settings. How would a newer laptop with these integrated intel cards suffice? Thanks.

Ryan

Heard not so good things about the X4500, I'd stay away right now until they get it straightened out. The X3100 is really slow, not sure about its performance with HL2.

You'd be better spending some more and getting either a ATi or NVIDIA based IGP. The trouble is that you want a smaller form laptop and I don't think you're gonna find one with a decent enough IGP as that will be compromised to reduce the size. The Intel ones aren't very good for 3D games such as HL2. It'll definitely play it but most likely won't be able to run it at full detail.

My girlfriend has a laptop with X3100, can't even run Quake 2 with it well. So my advice, avoid it like a friggin plague.

Back