Will ATI Radeon 9700 Pro be enough for HL2 ?

And 9800 PRO is beat by the Geforce FX 5900 Ultra overally so I don't know where you get that it's the most powerful card.

You obviously know nothing about current video cards.

Like I said before, have nothing relevant to say ? then shut the **** up.

Please explain to me how that is not relevent. If you used your brain you would not have asked such a question.

Lifthz it beasts 9800 only when it reduces image quality, without doing it, Geforce FX 5900 is slower. Plus price range...

While this is the subject i have to ask.
Will my "Radeon 9500 pro / 9700" support all the good stuff in Half-Life 2? I dont know if its a 9500, 9600 or 9700 card i got. It´s only says "Radeon 9500 pro / 9700"

edit.

i found some info about the card. Its "only" a 9500.

from the store where i bought the computer:

RADEON™ 9500 PRO brings the world of Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 support to gaming enthusiasts. Featuring incredibly fast 3D graphics performance, coupled with sophisticated real-time visual effects, unsurpassed image quality and cutting-edge video features, RADEON™ 9500 PRO provides powerful graphics acceleration for current and next-generation games and applications.

At-a-glance
Fast 3D gaming performance
Complete Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 support
128MB of DDR memory
8-pixel pipeline architecture
128-bit memory interface
Video output support
Featuring CATALYST™ - Industry-leading software suite

Features
Fast 3D gaming performance
128MB DDR memory accelerates the latest 3D games
128-bit DDR memory interface provides end users with fast graphics performance
8-pixel pipeline architecture cuts rendering time in half when compared to any competing product
Supports the new AGP 8X standard, providing a high-speed link between the graphics board and the rest of the PC (2.0 GB/sec)

Highest level of realism
Provides full support for Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 and the latest OpenGL® functionality
SMARTSHADER™ 2.0 technology allows users to experience complex, movie-quality effects in next-generation 3D games and applications
SMOOTHVISION™ 2.0 technology enhances image quality by removing jagged edges and bringing out fine texture detail, without compromising performance
128-bit floating-point color precision allows for a greater range of colors and brightness

Breakthrough video features
ATI's latest FULLSTREAM™ technology removes blocky artifacts from streaming Internet video and provides sharper image quality
Unique VIDEOSHADER™ engine uses programmable pixel shaders to accelerate video processing and provide better-looking visuals

Originally posted by Tredoslop
Ur right, this should be in another forum(hardware)

Aww us hardware guys dont want all the stupid people asking the same question 50 million times over because they cant use the search feature!

Back