Will Colonel Odessa Cubbage play a larger role in Aftermath?

Boogymanx said:
I hope we see more of Father Grigori!

Dang straight! That crazy man-o-the-cloth was one killer shot with that winchester. I want to see him take on some Combine, go all smite'ish on them alien lovers. He'd say something like, "Aliens prove theres no God?" :hmph: Blam! Click-shick, Blam! "What aliens?" :angel:

i think he will be back, i mean he has to be something important if the gman was talking to him? i mean, there isnt that many people we know of that the gman talks to.

Well if he doesn't appear in person, maybe he'll show up on one of those picture radios that the resistance have in some of their outpost stations. Either like the one in the outpost on the edge of the railway to Ravenholm, or one of the high-quality ones that Kliener and Eli have.

A True Canadian said:
Well if he doesn't appear in person, maybe he'll show up on one of those picture radios that the resistance have in some of their outpost stations. Either like the one in the outpost on the edge of the railway to Ravenholm, or one of the high-quality ones that Kliener and Eli have.

Or the Combine Airways. Didn't Harry S. Robins say that Doctor Kleiner was going to make an announcement over the City 17 monitors before any news on Aftermath was released?

DoctorWeeTodd said:
Or the Combine Airways. Didn't Harry S. Robins say that Doctor Kleiner was going to make an announcement over the City 17 monitors before any news on Aftermath was released?

He did. Which obviously means, he'll be trying to inform all citizens to flee from the city.

Then Cubbage will be helping somehow, Valve don't just drop characters *cough* Op4 *cough*

evilsloth said:
Then Cubbage will be helping somehow, Valve don't just drop characters *cough* Op4 *cough*

*cough*OP4wasgearbox'sexpansionsowhyshouldtheybother*cough*

Samon said:
*cough*OP4wasgearbox'sexpansionsowhyshouldtheybother*cough*

cough...becausetheychartereditthemselvesandmarklaidlawcameupwiththeplot...cough

Samon said:
I don't think he did, actually.

I could've sworn In the "emails you recieved from Valve only" thread Laidlaw wrote something around the lines of "although I came up with the plot for OpFor it doesn't hold much revelance to the big picture and I'll just leave it to Gearbox."

I'm not going to bother to dig through it.

I think Laidlaw had to OK the bigger plot elements in OpFor (they had to ask before they blew up Black Mesa)

DoctorWeeTodd said:
I could've sworn In the "emails you recieved from Valve only" thread Laidlaw wrote something around the lines of "although I came up with the plot for OpFor it doesn't hold much revelance to the big picture and I'll just leave it to Gearbox."

I'm not going to bother to dig through it.

He never said he wrote it at all. He merely said he won't be continuing what they have done. Obviously, they had to ask for certain things, and thus clearly Laidlaw has given them the green light. But that doesn't mean they are of relevance.

Sulkdodds said:
I doubt it, since he was just a random supporting/objective-giver/comic relief NPC. But hey, who knows? Maybe we'll be rescued at the last moment by Cubbage flying a Spitfire, shouting "Tally-ho!"

hehe that would kinda funny :E
hmm...dunno...maybe we will see him?
i mean after finding out that he talked to the Gman..something is fishy :p

Thatguy25 said:
Dang straight! That crazy man-o-the-cloth was one killer shot with that winchester. I want to see him take on some Combine, go all smite'ish on them alien lovers. He'd say something like, "Aliens prove theres no God?" :hmph: Blam! Click-shick, Blam! "What aliens?" :angel:

If it really was a winchester how come it sounded like a shotgun. It definatley looks like a winchester rifle though maybe it is.

colson said:
If it really was a winchester how come it sounded like a shotgun. It definatley looks like a winchester rifle though maybe it is.

It just uses the sound. Lots of people mistakenly call a shotgun including Valve employees but it shoots straight with 100% accuracy.

Back