Will DoD:S

R

RTFMy

Will DoD:S have updated textures, models, and other visuals like CS:S?

no it will use exactly the same models in day of defeat right now.

of course it will have new graphics. yeesh.

gh0st said:

I was asking because the HL:S only showed better water, the textures and other visuals were still the same.

gh0st said:

Being an asshole didn't really pay off.

HL:S will not have a "facelift" like CS:S, So this brings me back to my question..
Is there a possibility DoD:S will get a "facelift" like CS:S did?

Since the DoD team are now working at VALVe I think yes. They need to be working on something unless its DoD2 ;o

Nothing has been confirmed, but DoD:S would be ready now / at launch if it was just a simple conversion.

Q: So the very first release of DoD: Source is just like a port of DoD 1.3 with better technology right? No new maps, weapons or classes right?

A: There will be a few new features, but outside of those, it will be identical to 1.3 (piu,08/27/2004)
A: I dont think we've said that we will definitely be adding or removing anything. The first release of DoD:S will be a virtually identical port of 1.3 with a few changes to some features. 08/27/2004

So does this mean there will be no graphical upgrade like CS:S?

More news:

Q: Do you predict DoD:Source will hit stores in 04?

A: I wouldnt even dream of mentioning anything resembling a release date at this point in time. nice try though 08/27/2004

they also mention that they will have graphical/audio/other updates for DoD:source in the faq a topic or two down on initial release.

Back