Will HL2 end up like TF2?

Originally posted by Russian_Troops

- If TF2 had been released back in 99, it would have already been dead by now!
- TF2 will use much better technology thanks to the delay.
- Valve had given us TFC to play with, which was a lot of fun.

TF2 would be dead already? People still play TF and the TFC community is big as ever.

Razor: C-R-Y. Yes there is a possibility that ANYTHING could happen with the game but there is no evidence whatsoever that its going to happen to HL2. So your thread deserves to suck. Why not start a thread like "Will HL2 go vaporware?" and say "well you never know- it COULD happen. Stuff like this has happened before!!!" and then bitch when people aren't as intellectually stimulated by the pointless prospect as you are. Thank god this thread can finally die.

I got an idea.

Shut up and wait for the f*&king game.

It's not like there arn't a load of games that have been released recently that are really good.

LOL, the Jellyfish with a gun in his hand is back LOL.

Originally posted by Infernal-Shade
They say it's a stand-alone product, but I don't. I'm partial to the days when it was going to be a Half-Life 1 mod. :dozey:

Now that I think of it, I've been waiting over five years for TF2. Since I first heard about TF2 I joined the military, completed basic training/technical school, finished my upgrade training, participated in Operation Enduring Freedom, went to two more advanced C4 classes, attended a fiber-optics course, and served for about a year with the National Guard as a temporary technician, and I'm still waiting for this game. LOL.. I never thought of it that way before. Let's see if they can finish it before I start college in the Fall of 2004. :cheers:
i've been waitin since it was a mod for quake 2.... the only real reason i bought quake 2 actually... i don't think i ever once played it online b/c the guys working on TF2 decided not to release it for q2.... man those were the days.... TF for quake is still my favorite mod ever

Originally posted by Slash
TF2 would be dead already? People still play TF and the TFC community is big as ever.

wrong..

i remember when TFC was first released.. i used to see 15,000 pple playing it at any given time.. now the last time i was using WON that number was somewhere around 1000-2000 pple.. surely its still popular, but definitely not what it used to be..

Originally posted by Yodareturn
...i don't think i ever once played it online b/c the guys working on TF2 decided not to release it for q2.... man those were the days.... TF for quake is still my favorite mod ever

TF for Quake was a source of inspiration for me when it came to programming. And yes, those were the days. Remember when being an HPB used to be honorable, and LPBs often heard, "you're all ping!"?

Originally posted by Dr. Freeman
wrong..

i remember when TFC was first released.. i used to see 15,000 pple playing it at any given time.. now the last time i was using WON that number was somewhere around 1000-2000 pple.. surely its still popular, but definitely not what it used to be..

Community being the people who are in legitamate clans. I dont consider people who play casually on public servers part of the "community".

Originally posted by Slash
Community being the people who are in legitamate clans. I dont consider people who play casually on public servers part of the "community".

That's the most asinine comment I've seen in this thread.

Back