'Will HL2 run on my comp' TESTER PRGRM

shit guys, i'm at the first block.

probably gonna be better when i change computer :)

that "top of the line" P3 500 with a voodoo3 i got 5 years ago doesn't seem to cut it anymore.

p.s. having made the decision to get a 9800pro just because it was on sale when i have absolutely no pc worth putting it in (i'm not even sure i have 250W), really sucks in a way that is beyond words. imagine having last year's high-end card, in it's box sitting on your floor. not easy huh.

muahahahah!!!!

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 322
AHAHAHAHAHAH i am scared look at this?? NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Attachments

• hl2pcspec.jpg
    hl2pcspec.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 358
haha.. dude I'm going to give you directions to Best Buy :dork:

"Unfortunately we were unable to identify some hardware components of your system, and therefore it is not possible to provide accurate performance analysis."

i think ill be fine though :)

damn stupid computer........... even the other one.... that actual is above the minium requirements got only somewhere in between recommended and minimum..... damn damn damn damn :'(

EDIT: sorry couldn't be bothered posting pic of the other computers stats... but yeah it porbably needs another 512mb ram and a better video card..... hisss shatter squabble eek!!!.... why why why????

EDIT: i need to upgrade the geforce fx5700 to a ati or nvidia good one.....

i build my pc just for hl2, and i must sy im a lil dissapointed, but then again, i didnt spend much money on it.

AMD sempron 2800
ATi Radeon 9600 xt 256mb
asus a7n8x-e
seagate 80gig
512 ram (i think i should get more ram)

"Unfortunately we were unable to examine
your PC due to technical difficulties."

anyone know how to fix this :(

to fix this you must click YES when the download verification thing comes up.

wewt! I got 1 and a half blocks over the... uhm.. minimum requirements... shut up.

OFPKorax said:
to fix this you must click YES when the download verification thing comes up.

wewt! I got 1 and a half blocks over the... uhm.. minimum requirements... shut up.

i did, but still ;(

so is having only 2.4 out gigs compared to the recommended 2.2 making mine barely (6 bars) above the minimum? I have a 2500+ 1gig ram 5700 256

doesn't work on mine, using mozilla =/

I could just be impatient though....
How long does it take?

I am proud to say I have 1/2 of a bar over the Minimum requirements to play the game!

woot.jpg

Looks like I'm fine.

Goldenboi said:
I'm 3.8 blocks away from the insanely expensive Reccomended.

Insanely? pfft!
I built this system a year and a half ago, cost me $1700 (not including monitor). Prices drop my friend.

I'd consider the top-end AlienWare setup to be "insanely expensive" (~$6000).

Joule when i first clicked ur half life 2 tester thing i thought it was a virus :)

:cheers: I am just one block below the max.

Hey!!..

Hey guys, even if you dont have the stupid Radeon x800(But of course x800 is a lot more powerfull doh). you will run the game extremely smooth. (aslong you got the 9800 series.)

I will probaly get over 60fps on Half-life 2. Bump mapping and Pixel Shader effects dose so very small inpact on preformance.
For example: Reasion why Doom 3 is so extremely requesting is ONLY becous if its shadows. if you turn it of its smooth and FPS 30 - 40% higher or more. I tested to put bump mapping of on Doom 3 and i did only get 4 - 6 FPS more. :)

PS: Half-life 2 Request less then Doom 3.

So i think that if your maby 3 - 4 blocks away or something you wont have any problem with running Half-life 2 ;)

My PC:

ATI Radeon 9800XT 256DDR
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0GHz 1MB Cache (Compare to 3.2GHz)
1024DDR 400MHz (3200) Ram
Creative SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 Digital (Crap :angry: )
80GB harddrive (Like any1 care!)

in$ane said:
My PC:
ATI Radeon 9800XT 256DDR
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0GHz 1MB Cache (Compare to 3.2GHz)
1024DDR 400MHz (3200) Ram
Creative SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 Digital (Crap :angry: )
80GB harddrive (Like any1 care!)

OMG!!......why!!.... grrr..... i don't think my computer can run hl2.......(see earlier post)

This tester seems pretty accurate. Try and test Doom 3 to see what I mean. :)

Recommended specs IMO are a bit overkill in this tester.

Oh, by the way, i think 9600/xt will have realy good preformence too! Aslong as the rest of the PC is good :)

You dont need 1024DDR ram. but if you have 512x2 instead of one. you realy realy realy notice much better preformance in the high-end games.

sorry, anyways my spec's are

AMD athalonXP 1.8 GHz
1 gig o' ram
ATI radeon 9600 XT 128
Soundblaster Audigy 2 (yada yada yada)
Seagate 160 GB serial ATA harddrive

im one block below the recommended :(

i have athlon 2800+,1024 ram, 9800 pro

4 blocks a way from recomended. Did the Stress test fine, thought.

Funny... All my system specs are above the recommended and yet I am some 4 blocks below it... Damn that thing for not recognizing Athlon XP processors correctly... (2600+ is as fast as a 2.6 Ghz p4, not a 1.9 ghz)

lordoftheroot said:
This doesn't not work on mozzilla. Any way i don't think that this is right, look.

That's because the damn thing thinks in Mhz, not in CPU types.
A 2 GHz Athlong 64 has the rating 3200+ right?

I've got a 2 GHz 2400+, which is perfectly up to recommended specs, but according to the program it's not.

Yeah i thought so thanks. i guess a good rule of thumb is never trust Benchmark funded by 1 Video card company.

Another great example why this Website is crap
PS my computer was built to run Doom 3 great and it does :p

Back