Will i be able to run Half Life 2?

E-2k5

Reaction score
hey all as u can c i'm new to this :cheese: so i want to know if can play HL2 without having to wait 30 seconds to get rid of some repetitive lag every time i play :E ... well here are my specs :| :

Pentium 4 1.7GHZ :(
726 DDR Kingston RAM (PC2100)
Asus P4S8X-X motherboard
Radeon 9600XT 256MB RAM

So? can i play? can i? :bounce: lol :p
thx in advance :D

Your system can handle it, but don't be surprised if your FPS drops substantially.

^^

lol believe it or not.. i have another computer and teh specs are

Pentium 4 1.7 (yeash it has 1.7 too)
256MB Ram (kingston too)
MSI 845E Max motherboard
And....GeForce MX 440 64 mb ram!!!

And guess what... it runs HL2 demo in LOW settings and it has like 30 or 20 fps (calculated) it's a little laggy when there's a lot of activity but runs :E so... maybe if i run HL2 in my other computer it will run a lot faster :upstare:

PS= How can i see my FPS in Half Life?

Go to console (~), then type cl_showfps 1 or net_graph 3.

Will i be able to play HAlf Life 2?? (i mean, fast, in Source) with:

Intel Pentium 4 1.7
Asus P4S8X-X motherboard
726 DDR RAM (256+512) Kingston brand
Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 256MB RAM

Any more info needed to answer just ask :naughty:

You can play half life 2 with any of your imaginary systems.
It says right on the box of the game its not some geeks secret. :dork:

Minumum:
1.2 GHz
256k RAM
DirectX 7 level graphics card or higher
Windows 2000/Xp/Me/9
4.5 GB hard drive space
Internet required

Recommended:
2.4Ghz
512MB RAM
DirectX 9

:angel:

... 7 smileys on 1 little post.. :dozey: it was too early for that shit.

:smoking: lol

soo

i decided to buy a geforce 6600GT (unfortunately it has only 128...)
anybody recommend me something better than geforce 6600GT without spending 340 USD? :burp:

or will it be enough to play Doom 3? (cuz that game requires a lot)

lol that's hella expensive :LOL:
the second choice would be 6600 GT right? is that enuff to play both games? :frog:
thanks in advance (high settings)

well many people have said that with my my old system... (i'm using it right now)
Pentium 4 1.7
256 DDR RAM "PC2100"
MSI 845E Max motherboard

... it won't make a big difference with a good vid card cuz of my whole crappy system specially for my GHZ and the PC2100
So maybe i really need to buy a new system. Can i buy a built system in newegg? cuz i haven't found anything.... thanks for ur tolerance :D

CyberPower is a great company. My friend bought one. They are very unexpensive. I would suggest purchasing one from there or www.ibuypower.com which is the same company as CyberPower.

thank you very much shamrock i'll build my computer here, u just need a hardware expert to suggest me the parts and to be compatible... btw a radeon X800XT costs only 300 USD!!! that's uber cheap! im definetly buying a copm there, so i can play HL2 at max settings flawlessly. Once again, thanks Sham. This website is better than any hardware speciality website *cheers* ^_^

i say this time and time again, whats the need to ask how it performs - why dont you try it yourself. Of course it will run, it meets requirements - but we have no idea how it will perform. for all we know, you could have a ton of spyware, pr0n and viruses with 2 year old drivers on some hard disk thats never been defragged before.

look you are going to go and buy the game at one point, so try and buy :)

p.s. i will repeat this for any more 'will this run on my comp' threads, lol. For some unknown reason it just annoys me alot.

nah sorry mate u need a x800 to run halflife2..... just look at the system requirements on the box wafflleee....s

no problemo im adding 100 more dollars to buy X800XT :cheers:
cuz 6600GT is included so the difference isn't much (having in mind its cheapier when u build computers :D

[ulr=http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50867]Will my toaster run HL2? [/url]

Back