Will I be able to run HL2 with this?

N

Nirrad

This has probably been done millions of times but i was wondering if my computer can handle this.

My specs...
Pentium 4 2.8Ghz
ATI Radeon 9600 256Mb
512Megs or ram.
I think that i should list.

sometimes i wonder if people just do this to show off their computer.

Look at the reqs first, you'll notice your's is over the required minimum, and silghtly under (if not just at) the recommended. I don't remember the reqs too much.

Should be able to run fairly smoothly. Probably not max res or max details but well enough to enjoy the game without sucking do to horrible frame rates.

Ram might be an issue since most games seem to crave 1gb in order to keep from paging the hard drive and stalling the game.

Yeah, you will be fine. My computer is a LOT worse than that and I'm going to play HL2 (probably at 4 fps). And if it dosen't work I'll just smell the box and stro.... <sorry>

Nirrad said:
This has probably been done millions of times but i was wondering if my computer can handle this.

My specs...
Pentium 4 2.8Ghz
ATI Radeon 9600 256Mb
512Megs or ram.
I think that i should list.

except for that stupid pos of a videocard, yes

I have a similar setup, I can run at 1024x768, all highest details, 2xAA and Trilinear filtering, and get 43fps in the VST. You'll be fine. :)

you have very nearly the same spec as me, except i have 1.5gig RAM. I get 60fps in the VST, 1024x768 (no AA or AF though - but i havent tried either)

I might whack a new graphics card onto my crimbo list. If i can find a reasonable spec for a reasonable price. any suggestions? The 9600 really isnt all that bad.

There should be a script that detects whether a first post contains any of the following text, and then instantly deletes it, or says that the content filter banned it, or sommat:

- Will my PC run HL2
- Is HL2 better than Halo 2
- X hours/days/minutes to go
- Please help me fund my new PC

No! That rig will cause nuclear holocaust!!! It's TEH EDN!!111one

Back