Will it be a fight for HL2?

pingu

Reaction score
Will I be able to go to a shop on the day and pick up a copy of hl2 or is it likely to be out of stock for weeks from its release?

Pre-orders in my area have hit 800+ for all 16 EB's... So I don't know about you, but you won't be able to get a copy in my village without a pre-order..

I live in London, so I know I won't need to pre-order, I'll find it somewhere. But it's going to be interesting seeing how many copies get cleared out on the day of release; how many people are in line in front of me at the cash desk holding a copy in sweaty hands. I imagine the same goes for Doom 3...

I live 2 hours away from any type of video game/electronics store.....which sucks

I bought Far Cry the first day it appeared on the shelves and I was suprised to see like 20 copies......I thought that was a popular game

I'm almost positive if you live in the US that it will be sold out. Battlefield: V was sold out for about 6 days in all the stores near me.

I probably won't try to get until it's been out for a little while, so I'm not worried.

I bought BF:V but I took it back because it looked the same as BF:1942.

I didn't seem very popular at the store I bought it at either

TheUnkillableDot said:
I bought BF:V but I took it back because it looked the same as BF:1942.

I didn't seem very popular at the store I bought it at either

Same here. It was buggy, crappy, the supposedly new graphics were less than thrilling , and It was not worth $50. I traded it in at EB.

*relax's.* 1 PC worlds, and 2 or 3 Virgin megastores nearby.. ahhhhh... its times like this where living in a city has its advantages, ;)

sure will be intresting to see how fast they go though.

NO YOU WONT! YOULL BE WAITING AND LINE AND SOME NOOB WILL BUNNYHOP RIGHT INFRONT OF YOU AND GRAB YOUR HL2 COPY OUT YOUR HAND AND BUNNYHAWPZER OUT THE D00RZER AND YOULL BE LIKE OMGZ0R GABENEWELL COME TO RESCUSE!!! GABE WILL COME FLYING FROM THE STEAM ABYSS AND EVEYRONE WILL SAY, ITS A BIRD ITS A PLANE ITS GABE NEWELL TO THE RESCUSE!!!!!! AND ILL BE LIKE OMGOMGOMQRDABBQZER AT MY HOUSE OMGOMGOMGOM .. basically preoder your copy ;p

also I like collecting game boxes so no Steam order for me

Dalamari said:
Its called "purchase over Steam."

Thread ended.

lazy son of a,, :p, I want to pick the box off the shelf and feel its godlike laminated cardprint,.. enjoy my transaction of buying this fine product, then walk out with the front of the box facing the people entering the store, so they can see my godly purchase.

then enjoy the eager 5 - 10 min wait as I go back home to load it up..

all on the sly of course. :D

Ya dude I would pre-order a copy. Its really not worth taking a chance 2 see if u can get it. I was in a store today and over heard a bunch of people saying how they are going 2 be waiting for the store 2 open so they can get their copy. That was like 7 guys right there so you can imagine how many will be wanting it everywhere else hehe.

clarky003 said:
lazy son of a,, :p, I want to pick the box off the shelf and feel its godlike laminated cardprint,.. enjoy my transaction of buying this fine product, then walk out with the front of the box facing the people entering the store, so they can see my godly purchase.

then enjoy the eager 5 - 10 min wait as I go back home to load it up..

all on the sly of course. :D

Christ, what you gonna do next, put a hole in the side and get some KY?

Ill probley get to the shop and see some stupid little kid with his mum saying
"oh mummy mummy i want this one"
as he picks up the last copy of HL2
then the mum will say something like
"oh do you think this will run? our computer is 7 years old"
then the kid will say
"yes it will, lets get it"

and ill be left lieing on the ground having a mental breakdown.

Nightmare said:
Ill probley get to the shop and see some stupid little kid with his mum saying
"oh mummy mummy i want this one"
as he picks up the last copy of HL2
then the mum will say something like
"oh do you think this will run? our computer is 7 years old"
then the kid will say
"yes it will, lets get it"

and ill be left lieing on the ground having a mental breakdown.

probably :(

i already pre-ordered. i suggest anyone who wants to play it on the first day with a boxed copy do the same just to be safe.

Ill start a fight even if there are enough copys for everyone.

"Hey I wanted that box!"
/me punches random guy in the head

Anyways, Im sure my eb will order too many anyways. They usually do. Like with SWG they had like 20 copies just piled on the floor and those werent the pre-ordered ones. Ill probably pre order anyways though, just not yet, maybe later, like when we have a date to look forward to.

nofx said:
NO YOU WONT! YOULL BE WAITING AND LINE AND SOME NOOB WILL BUNNYHOP RIGHT INFRONT OF YOU AND GRAB YOUR HL2 COPY OUT YOUR HAND AND BUNNYHAWPZER OUT THE D00RZER AND YOULL BE LIKE OMGZ0R GABENEWELL COME TO RESCUSE!!! GABE WILL COME FLYING FROM THE STEAM ABYSS AND EVEYRONE WILL SAY, ITS A BIRD ITS A PLANE ITS GABE NEWELL TO THE RESCUSE!!!!!! AND ILL BE LIKE OMGOMGOMQRDABBQZER AT MY HOUSE OMGOMGOMGOM .. basically preoder your copy ;p

also I like collecting game boxes so no Steam order for me

I agree :D I want the box!

I went to EB and pre-ordered the Collectors Edition of HL2 a few days ago. $80 dollars! :hmph:
If you want the CE, I suggest you pre-order.. I doubt they will be getting too many in due to the price.

Krynn72 said:
Ill start a fight even if there are enough copys for everyone.

"Hey I wanted that box!"
* Krynn72 punches random guy in the head

Anyways, Im sure my eb will order too many anyways. They usually do. Like with SWG they had like 20 copies just piled on the floor and those werent the pre-ordered ones. Ill probably pre order anyways though, just not yet, maybe later, like when we have a date to look forward to.

Hahah so true, itll be like an early Christmas =x
Also $80 for CE man it better come with like a Gordon Freeman Action figure, and a naked Alyx doll. Because thats beyond extreme, and everyone knows when you use the word extreme it has to be eXtreme!

Is that $5-down thing at EB a pre-order, or just to reserve a copy...

cuz thats what I did for HL2 and D3.

Personally I'm pre-loading it off STEAM. It's 1) Cheaper and 2) VALVe gets more of the profits (the ones who deserve the profits, not Vivendi, who I can't stand as a company) plus 3) Your guarenteed a copy and you can play it the second it's released!

I'm going to get HL2 off of Steam. I hate driving my car, waiting in lines, then driving home. I'd rather just start playing it the second it is avaliable.

How do shops know that the CE is going to cost 80$?

I'll get it in shop. 10 min away. small town in Norway. Shop usualy has 10 -15 copis of games.

My only conserne is that they only update there games stock once a month. so if they dont make an exeption with HL2 and i have to wait 3 - 1 week(s) i'll simply bomb that shop and drive to the nabooring town and buy it there

Yes you will have to fight someone to the deth for you're copy

Insane said:
How do shops know that the CE is going to cost 80$?

They are psychic!

I'm not sure how I'm going to get it yet. I might pre-order but none of the websites I've been to (UK based ones) alows you to pre-order the Collectors Edition and I have no idea how much that's going to be here in the UK.

Will it be possible to see how many copis are sold in the first day/week/month?
Is it being counted somewhere?

I'm gonna do BOTH! haha... Okay, here's my deal... I'm getting a brand new custom made awesome computer for my room to be able to run Half-life 2 and other future awesome games... So, I'm going to order that one off of steam so that I'll be able to play it the MINUTE that it is officially released.

Then... we'll have our old computer downstairs, which is still capable of running Half-Life 2... Just with low qual performance. So, we'll buy the collectors edition Half-Life 2 in stores for the other computer... So that we can both play at the same time and stuff... And give all those cool people at Valve, a bit more money. heh.

Si?

i know ill definately be able to get a copy, without preordering it. im sure people living in manchester will know what i mean ;)

as a matter of fact, i managed to get a gamecube the first day it came out, and didnt preorder it. they werent even meant to give them to non-preorderers, but i still just picked one up and got it :p

coolio - gangsters paradise

crushenator 500 said:
i know ill definately be able to get a copy, without preordering it. im sure people living in manchester will know what i mean ;)

as a matter of fact, i managed to get a gamecube the first day it came out, and didnt preorder it. they werent even meant to give them to non-preorderers, but i still just picked one up and got it :p

coolio - gangsters paradise
You bad, bad boy! :D

I'll probably go pick it up early morning, pick up the box, and just stare in awe at the game which has consumed my life for the past year :p

Heh i preorderd my copy off gameplay.com, which I also used to preorder BF V which came the day before it was due for release,

"Back of the net!".

Hmm...let's see, I got three game shops 10 km from me, and if I travel another 20 km, there are maybe 20 more...so I'm not worried.

Back