Will it be a fight for HL2?

I preordered one from a local game shop last August or something...good thing I just put my name down and didn't give them any money :)

If my preorder with them is gone I'll just get it from another shop near me. Piece of cake.

I will mow down anyone in my way with an MP5 and chop down the man with the last copy with a samurai sword if he doesn't surrender it. So there wont be any trouble for me.

I pre-ordered both D3 and HL2 back in June 2003. Got $10 off for pre-ordering both. I should be one of the first copies shipped by Amazon. BTW, your CC doesn't get charged until it ships.

Gamestation
GameJam
GAME
PC World
HMV

All within a 10 minute drive :thumbs:
Im happy :)

Depends where u live lol....the EB's near where i live hav sold out allrdy , all pre-ordered stock just waiting to be sold.

Ive Pre-orded 1 from EB and one from an internet site.

Half-Life 2 is such a hugely anticipated game that anybody who doesn't preorder will be in for a bit of wait if they want a boxed copy.

Me, I'm planning to get the CE (assuming there is enough content in the box to justify 80 bones), but I'll probably preload it over Steam just for kicks then enter the CD-key off the box when I get it. That way, I'll still have my boxed copy but I won't have to wait for it to install.

I really have no idea how long I'll have to wait. I'm sure I will pre-order, but I don't think I need to living in New Mexico. There are too many indians and gangsters who don't even know what computers are.

i was wondering, when it pre loads, what is it pre-loading? doesnt it just not download the map/file/weapon untill you need it?

say i never play on level X, it would never download map X then... or something, so what is preloaded?

Has this $80 figure for CE come from any Valve source? Or out of someone's butt?

I'm going for Steam. I don't need no stinking boxes.

Reaperman, I'm guessing that won't be the case. You'll download the whole shebang ahead of playing the game. The pre-loading is when Valve releases the data through steam a week or so before the release date, but it won't actually be playble until the release day.

but i thought a big part of steam is it makes it so you dont HAVE to download the whole thing..... only what you are using, until you use it... that way we dont HAVE to download 3Gig... and we can play with only minimal downloading, what happoned to that plan?

I don't think valve would want players to have to wait in between levels, so while this partial loading thing may be true for mp games, I doubt it will for the SP.

It'll be 2gig's not 3. You don't have a dial-up connection, do you? If so, don't bother with a steam purchase.

Reaperman said:
but i thought a big part of steam is it makes it so you dont HAVE to download the whole thing..... only what you are using, until you use it... that way we dont HAVE to download 3Gig... and we can play with only minimal downloading, what happoned to that plan?

You can play games while they're downloading. While it's downloading you just double click it and it'll say "Launch when ready". I did that with CS:CZ I played before it finished downloading :cheers:

Mr Neutron said:
It'll be 2gig's not 3. You don't have a dial-up connection, do you? If so, don't bother with a steam purchase.

i have cable, but 3 Gig is a big download no matter what connection you have...

If you get decent speeds on the downloads and you start it early in the morning you'll be playing by mid-day.

Dalamari said:
Christ, what you gonna do next, put a hole in the side and get some KY?

rofl.. I was J/k, why would I wanna ruin my copy.

Id laugh but thats jus sick :rolleyes:

I used to be one of these box people that wanted a physical copy. But now I really don't care. I want to play it at midnight (aka prolly 9 hours before you box people), and that's when I'll be playing the game anyway. I really don't want to fiddle around with lots of cds or lame stuff like that. steam is great. this is the wave of future media publication. music now games and movies.

Black-Falcon said:
If you get decent speeds on the downloads and you start it early in the morning you'll be playing by mid-day.

it will preload (just like CS CZ and cs:s) so you wont be waiting around the day it's released. You'll be able to play the moment the clock hits midnight.

Reaperman said:
what is it pre-loading?

When something preloads on steam, the whole game is being installed on your computer and the on the retail release date, You'll be able to start playing the game. (12 midnight)

Reaperman said:
You can do that, too. However, there are advantages to pre-caching the whole thing, primarily that you won't ever have to wait mid-game while Steam fetches the next level for you.

I'll ask it one more time: Did VALVe gave the price of 80% for the CE?

No, I dont think they have even settled what will be in it yet to be honest Insane.

Back