Will my toaster run HL2?????

mrchimp

Reaction score
It's got 2 slots, a temperature gauge of up to 8 and a special unfreaze button but nobody dares to press it :dozey:

I'm thinking maby i should upgrade to 4 slots but that would cost quite a bit so I'm not sure if it's worth it?

If nobody can give me certain answer I geuss I'll just have to e-mail VALVe.

I would upgrade to 4 slots and get a Toastmaster not a Wistercake

Better overall quality and texture

Originally posted by worldspawn
if hl2 is a piece of bread, yes.
"If"? It's already been confirmed n00b, check the sticky info thread.

when since did you put bread in toasters, come on be serious.

coolio2man: I'm not sure about Toastmaster, i heard they cheated in 3Tmark2003

it would but don't expect any DX9 special features oh and u should upgrade ur fuse up to a 14 amp if i was u!

I just got an extended outlet cord for my on the go lifestyle and toasting needs

Are you sure upgrading to 4 slots is necessary, it may just be more expendature because i don't think HL2 will use all that toasting power.

I got a digital Chefmaster toaster and it seems to run everything just fine... It may have some over heating problems but it still works!

Digital toasters is the way to go :thumbs: !

Originally posted by coolio2man

<sigh>Another Toastmaster fanboy. My Wistercake has been overclocked to 12 slots and supports bumpy terrain features.

(Hilarious) @ Koopa

Anyway, Wistercake has been outta date for atleast....what now A year...Sheesh get with the times grandpa :afro:

WTF!!!1!!1!!! OMG!!!11!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY WISTERCAKE FANBOYS THERE R... OMG, TOASTMASTER IS TEH WIN D00D, IT RO><0RZ !!!!1!!!!1!!!

Originally posted by koopa
<sigh>Another Toastmaster fanboy. My Wistercake has been overclocked to 12 slots and supports bumpy terrain features.

12 SLOTS!

That must be the most powerful toaster available, and people go on about how mush better the toastmaster is, they don't know shit. Hmmm, which toaster does gabe recommend. I wanna make sure i get the toast just right, if the toaster isn't powerful enough it'll be under done so i know i gotta upgrade.

Originally posted by Flyingdebris
its not the toastspeeds that matter anymore, its the breadhz

I thought they were the same thing, anyway my new toaster that i ordered online goes at 60 slices a minute. I should get great toastyness per second with that beast.:cheese:

I can flash toast 20 loafs in under 40 seconds with a toastmaster and still get 20 TPS (Toasts per second)

Yes i have a Toasdeon 9800 All in Toasty pro with Butter injection

Originally posted by Animal
I thought they were the same thing, anyway my new toaster that i ordered online goes at 60 slices a minute. I should get great toastyness per second with that beast.:cheese:
N00b! 60 slices per minute is not high enough for smooth toasting. Rates greater than 100 are necessary for good internet play and some of the trick-toasting moves.

Yes i have a Toasdeon 9800 All in Toasty pro with Butter injection

That's pretty good. Is that the regular version, or the Toaster-of-the-Year edition with water-cooling and cold cathode tube?

Damn! I wanted one with butter injection but the prices were just too high.;(

That sucks. BTW make sure you get a GE or something, i heard the other brands will give you 2 less FPS in HL2, mmm k?

Toastmasters are for n00bs who don't give a **** about what's in their toaster as long as it works. I can build myself a better toaster for half the price.

Anyway, toastmasters produce so much heat it's a pain in the ass to overclock.

Oddly enough, ever since I installed that cooling system, my toaster seems to have trouble toasting...

Does HL 2 run on my laptoaster?
It's great when I'm traveling alot!

Originally posted by songwriter
No, thats it.... I'm def. emailing gabe over this.
Will that be the email that finally pushes poor Gabe over the edge? I can't wait to see the reaction!

Great thread btw, I know it's OT but I've laughed out loud :)

OBVIOUSLY Valve has made some kind of SUSPICIOUS and UNETHICAL business deal with ToastMaster to promote their products. Everyone knows that Black and Decker makes a superior heating element, toast-ejector, AND crumb-catcher! Not to mention that my ego would be hurt if I just spent 500 dollars on a Black and Decker toaster that didn't run everything better than ToastMaster!

I've just ordered my new toaster from Alientoast! It's got a fancy case and 24/7 toast support, so if you overcook your toast they send you another slice of bread!!!11!!oneoneone

koopa, everyone knows humans can't tell the difference between 60 slices per minute and 100! i mean, seriously.

personally, I'm a fan of the old school toaster oven. Mine doesn't even have "slots". I've just got a door that opens up to a large tray. Less slices per minute but significally thicker slices will be toasted to perfection...

ive got a 2 slot kenwood popup, crumb catcher and reheat popup mechanism. fitted with thermosetting plastic plug @ 13A (which complies with the BSI) only 6 settings but running it at 460v

But what is happening with online toast support? I want Crispy Sandwich 2 i bet that's in there, i wanted Toast Fighters 2 or a remade Toast Fighters Classic. I hear the new engine can handle much larger slices of bread than before.

Whats the chance of a port that will run on Grill ?

Everyone knows that Grill is superior to Toaster.

Originally posted by mrchimp
It's got 2 slots, a temperature gauge of up to 8 and a special unfreaze button but nobody dares to press it :dozey:

I'm thinking maby i should upgrade to 4 slots but that would cost quite a bit so I'm not sure if it's worth it?

If nobody can give me certain answer I geuss I'll just have to e-mail VALVe.

HAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!!!

what kind of interbread connection do you recommend for toasting someone over the interbread, multitoasting-wise.

Back