Will the Benchmark arrive today?

yes they did...but its still the 29th here...where the hell are you?

I'm already 1 hour into the 30th. Where's the goddamn benchmark?!

:)

Yes, but in America it's still the 29th. Don't expect the benchmark (which probably won't even come out) to be out the instant it turns the 30th somewhere in the world ..and I know it's not the 'instant' but it's still 6 hours away from 12AM here - which is WAY too early to expect it anyhow.

Seriously, I don't think the benchmark is going to be released, but that's my speculation.

germany... its 30th here... i dont expect to download it the next minute but i hope it will come out later this day...

I think It'll be released, but like I said pacific time, so we still have 9 hours till the 30th here on the coast, but it will most likely be released between 9am-9pm.

I think Malic means is: Will the benchmark be released a day earlier?
I mean c'mon, just one day.
-OR- It could be released at: 11:55

maybe, some ppl seem to think so, not to sure why though.

Im sitting here in Sweden and just doing nothing ... AND THAT IS THE PROBLEM!! ;(

Originally posted by Ares
Yes, but in America it's still the 29th. Don't expect the benchmark (which probably won't even come out) to be out the instant it turns the 30th somewhere in the world ..and I know it's not the 'instant' but it's still 6 hours away from 12AM here - which is WAY too early to expect it anyhow.

Seriously, I don't think the benchmark is going to be released, but that's my speculation.
If they release the benchmark, I'll just probably run it constantly in a loop untill HL2 comes out :)

Originally posted by ThaPillow
Im sitting here in Sweden and just doing nothing ... AND THAT IS THE PROBLEM!! ;(
Damn, that was som fast editing, dude :)

Originally posted by Tredoslop
I think Malic means is: Will the benchmark be released a day earlier?
I mean c'mon, just one day.
-OR- It could be released at: 11:55

umm.... nope.. i mean will it arrive in the next 48 hours so we will have eyecandy on our monitors... i dont give a **** waiting 24 hours but it would suck if they wouldnt release it in the next 2 or 3 weeks...

This assumes that we get the benchmark at all. I thought only the Gaming mag/websites got it, not John Q. Public.

John C. seemed to think the release of a HL2 benchmark was just a rumour...

Originally posted by Democritus
This assumes that we get the benchmark at all. I thought only the Gaming mag/websites got it, not John Q. Public.

Well even if that is the case, itll be leaked.

Who stated that the BM will be released today or tomorrow?

Originally posted by G0rgon
Who stated that the BM will be released today or tomorrow?

Gabe, as I recall. I think it was at the ATI/DX9 Demo thing that made NVIDIA so mad. Not sure, though.

Originally posted by Crusader
John C. seemed to think the release of a HL2 benchmark was just a rumour...

Exactly, where the hell are you guys getting the idea that there will even be a benchmark released???

Originally posted by Anthraxxx
Exactly, where the hell are you guys getting the idea that there will even be a benchmark released???

from gabe newells slideshow, the last slide said "OMGWTFBBQ Y0U G3T T3H B3NCHM4R|< 0N T3H THIRTYITH"

Originally posted by Ares

right now in pacific time(GMT -8:00 which is valve's time zone) its only 4:35pm hehe.

It's funny really.
If Bush says there's war on Iraq-it's official.
But if Gabe announces that there will be a benchmark, it takes quite q while for people to believe him.
...We'll see tomorrow.

Originally posted by deathryuu
right now in pacific time(GMT -8:00 which is valve's time zone) its only 4:35pm hehe.

3:35pm in valves timezone, actually.

They always release things halfway through the night anyway, and by that time I'm already in the 1st..

The way some people act, it seems that the majority dosn't want the benchmark to be released.

Regardless... Today is still the 29th. I wouldn't expect the benchmark for at least another 24 hours.

Originally posted by Anthraxxx

because at the "Shader Day" in gabe's slideshow he said "the half-life 2 benchmark will be released to the public on Sept. 30th".

I forgot america was the center of the world :( oh well time to wait another day

Originally posted by Joneleth
Regardless... Today is still the 29th. I wouldn't expect the benchmark for at least another 24 hours.

It'll be noon at valve in about 20 hours, so for you guys in GMT +7:00 or more it'll be just about "tomorrow" before you get the benchmark.

Originally posted by deathryuu
because at the "Shader Day" in gabe's slideshow he said "the half-life 2 benchmark will be released to the public on Sept. 30th".

NEIN!

his slide said "the benchmark will be available to you september 30th for testing upcoming hardware"

you being the guys from hardware sites who were in attendance, anyways i've emailed gabe for clarification on the point...

you would think people would learn from the delay not to get their hopes up on any date valve sets.

Originally posted by smilez
I forgot america was the center of the world :( oh well time to wait another day

You will be getting it the same exact time we will, just the sun will be postoined differently. Time is fabricated, man made. Time does not exist to a exe, or to kb\s.

Isn't England the center of the world?
I thought that the Greenwhich line is located there. Or am I wrong?

Back