Will the Benchmark arrive today?

Originally posted by Oakey
Which little friend? ATi? The same ATi that leaked the Doom 3 Alpha?

I hope your not serious. You really dont believe that ATI leaked it, do you?
It was a really great hoax though when that nfo got released...Problem is, that it got released about 4 months after the D3 alpha was first released on the internet (it took 4 months until some1 found that one source it was on and warezed it around)

well anyway, I'm watching all release forums for the leaked benchmark today. Yeah, its mean, but a strange urge inside me tells me I ought to do it anyway.

I'd really love to see the benchmark. But oh well today nothings gonna happen i think. ;( :x

If Valve forced you to pay five dollars over steam to buy the benchmark, would you do it? Or 10 dollars for a demo?

Edit: Hell, I'd probably buy the demo. It'd be an awesome way to make money for them, although we'd all probably go kill the Valve guys later for making us do something like this. Mean Valve. :devil:

If the $10 included a free month subscription to steam when hl2 is released then yes I would buy a demo, otherwise no

Originally posted by freddythefrog
I hope your not serious. You really dont believe that ATI leaked it, do you?
It was a really great hoax though when that nfo got released...Problem is, that it got released about 4 months after the D3 alpha was first released on the internet (it took 4 months until some1 found that one source it was on and warezed it around)

well anyway, I'm watching all release forums for the leaked benchmark today. Yeah, its mean, but a strange urge inside me tells me I ought to do it anyway.
It was actually someone at ATI that leaked it, its well known :)

Originally posted by moose6589
If Valve forced you to pay five dollars over steam to buy the benchmark, would you do it? Or 10 dollars for a demo?

Edit: Hell, I'd probably buy the demo. It'd be an awesome way to make money for them, although we'd all probably go kill the Valve guys later for making us do something like this. Mean Valve. :devil:

I'd probubly buy it. As long as it came with some kind of LAN MP. Even if it was just one map.

OMGZORZ!!!!1111!eleven!111!!! I BE D/LING TEh BECHMARK YO!!!!11!one!

Returning ontopic....

Image5.jpg

...posted in the ATI Shaders Day report

http://www.techreport.com/etc/2003q3/valve/index.x?pg=2

Valve give us something today! :bounce:

the point of demos is that they're free :p

yeah they should probably get something out today, I'm starting to lose interest

I can tell they're gonna pull a "release it at 5pm their time" just to piss everyone off. Yet claim they're just building suspense.
Sheees, the benchmark is done, it's already been given to a few game sites. Release.
It should have been released at exactly 12:00am in the 1st time zone when the 30th arrived.
Stop teasing the fans.

someone email them and ask if it will be released today. yes or no.

Originally posted by droper
someone email them and ask if it will be released today. yes or no.

He's too busy preparing for the press conference at Alcatraz, he doesn't have time for e-mail right now. Besides, it's not like he's some gargoyle (vague 'snow crash' reference, stephenson is god)

Back