Will the HEV suit be upgraded?

Shem

The Freeman
Reaction score
Perhaps Dr. Kleiner or another scientist stationed in the White Forest base will upgrade your Hazardous Environment suit to Mark VI. It's quite possible seeing as though you will be moving through arctic conditions. They could add a couple of neccesary modifications to enhance your chances of survival significantly. As we all know, Gordon's HEV suit couldn't handle cold environments at the time of the Black Mesa Incident. I don't know if Dr. Kleiner fixed this problem when he upgraded it to Mark V.

So what do you think? Will the Hazardous Environment suit be upgraded?

I don't think there will be time to do some improvements between E2 and E3...

He could do what Mossman did and wear a winter jacket over his HEV suit, or he can share his HEV suit with Alyx :naughty:

Considering the way the HEV suit magically upgraded itself between E1 and E2 with the seperate flashlight power supply, they don't really need a story excuse.

I think he should get another long-jump module... that could be fun.

I never want to see Valve do a Mark VI. If the HEV has to be upgraded, go to a different naming scheme or jump right to Mark VII, because there WAS a Mark VI HEV suit in the superb fan mod Redemption, and I'd like to keep on believing that the Mark VI actually already exists.

so mark six is a reskinned mark four

Yep. It's a silver Mark IV. :) It's also my favorite HEV suit.

I want to see a downgrade. The HEV mark I. A big hulking thing like the loader out of Aliens. It would be more like a new vehichle. You would need to use it to complete certain puzzles & battle larger enemies. A bit like the Ripley V Queen Alien scene in the Aliens film.

He could do what Mossman did and wear a winter jacket over his HEV suit, or he can share his HEV suit with Alyx :naughty:

2crx836.jpg

That's the original HEV suit you twit. Also, did you just talk shit about HLDM? You wait right there while I go find my hivehand. You're gonna be so swollen from my alien bees Wonka is gonna have to roll you down to the juicing room.

That's the original HEV suit you twit. Also, did you just talk shit about HLDM? You wait right there while I go find my hivehand. You're gonna be so swollen from my alien bees Wonka is gonna have to roll you down to the juicing room.

This made me laugh so much I decided to put it in my signature, thank you.

I want to see a downgrade. The HEV mark I. A big hulking thing like the loader out of Aliens. It would be more like a new vehichle. You would need to use it to complete certain puzzles & battle larger enemies. A bit like the Ripley V Queen Alien scene in the Aliens film.

I see you like The aliens film.

I'm assuming that the HEV suit is tolerable against cold climate; I'm guessing the only upgrades would be crampons for the feet and possibly replacing the crowbar with an ice axe.

Would be ace if the crampons retracted into the sides of the boots for normal walking, would be cool if they doubled as melee weapons :D

its a multi purpose hazerdous envorment suit!!! he will not get cold in it. he wont need a jacket. but maybee a helmet because the cold would give him frostburns on his face

It would be pink, and when you were critically damaged (10hp) it would FIRE IT'S LAZOR!!! BHWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

(Sarcasm)

Mabye the suit armour capacity would be higher, like 150, to cope with the cold and a critical damage death delay thingy so if you reach 0hp you would be revived with an auxillary supply you could collect (up to 25hp). :thumbs:

Replace the standard battery with a minitiarized zero-point reactor on his back that will periodically replace the energy that is spent from the Sub Zero temperature and constant fighting.

Also a combine tracking module, which tracks both Soldier and Synth movement via comm link detection, but not flora or fauna. Obviously Elite Soldiers and Assasins will work in radio silence.

Back