Will the new MOHAA Pacific just ba another scriptet arcade?

^Thomas^

Reaction score
Im just asking if this game will just be another scriptet, arcade, rambo game like the rest in the Mohaa and CoD series?

Ok, not buying that one then :p

When will Men of Valor be released?

I read that they will not be scripting that much and will instead take a similar approach as Valve is in HL2 by using mostly advanced AI interaction with a little bit of scripting.

well lets work this out in an algebraic equation

MOHAA+EA+$$$/stupid gamersXthe square root of pi= sucky scripted arcade that lots of idiots will buy

theotherguy said:
well lets work this out in an algebraic equation

MOHAA+EA+$$$/stupid gamersXthe square root of pi= sucky scripted arcade that lots of idiots will buy

Oh I cant wait to buy it. :bounce:

mzerok said:

He has a point there.

MOHPA will have a new procedural ai and the game won't totally rely on scripts anymore.

They have a completely new engine.
It can render the vegetation of those islands better.
There is also a dynamic lighting system that is quite similar to HL2's approach.
And they licensed Havok2, too.

The demo should be out at the end of this month, can't wait :E

mzerok said:
thats exactly i wanted to say
my ass in your ears
or
my words in your mouth

My penis in your nose is more accurate. :thumbs:

Sai said:
anyone have system requirements, or is it safe to say the game will run better than far cry on most systems?

I believe any game runs better then farcry

Sai said:
anyone have system requirements?
A 2GHz processor and a DX9 graphics card are recommended, that's all what is known.

Also the demo will be out tomorrow (Wednesday)!

pgod said:
A 2GHz processor and a DX9 graphics card are recommended, that's all what is known.

Tomorrow? Very nice. Now I have something to do during the seemingly forever wait for Doom 3.

pgod said:

where did you see this? please tell me it's true!!!

from some of the comments peope have been making about Moh PA it looks like it will have to be extraordinary for them to win back old fans ...everyone seems to think it will be on par with spearhead and breakthrough

I'm doubtful about MOHPA (lol, "Moo-pa!") being anything special but I'm glad they've moved to the Pacific Theatre plus the new engine looks great.
If it is the same old "you against the world with a couple of other dudes pretending to help you out" type of game remains to see.
Personally I'm looking more forward to Brother In Arms :E

I just want a cool demo to play to pass the time til Doom 3... so that Doom 3 can last me til HL2

Dax said:
I'm doubtful about MOHPA (lol, "Moo-pa!") being anything special but I'm glad they've moved to the Pacific Theatre plus the new engine looks great.
If it is the same old "you against the world with a couple of other dudes pretending to help you out" type of game remains to see.
Personally I'm looking more forward to Brother In Arms :E

hmmm I dont think it will be as you describe. For one thing there are no health packs, you'll be able to bandage yourself but you'll slowly die if you dont recieve medical attention ..you have to call for the medic in your squad and if he dies well then so do you.

Well, like I said, it remains to see...but it sounds good what you said. This game is going to have an M-rating though...right?

Icarusintel said:
I just want a cool demo to play to pass the time til Doom 3... so that Doom 3 can last me til HL2

Quit stealing my plan :p

Dax said:
Well, like I said, it remains to see...but it sounds good what you said. This game is going to have an M-rating though...right?

I think so ..although I dont know what would warrent such a rating ..swearing? It's not like there would be buckets of blood like Doom3

dammit why cant I speak german? ...oh btw ...did I tell you I love you? :thumbs: I'm going away this weekend and I thought for sure it would come out on friday and I wouldnt be able to play it till I got back but now you've made the cockels of heart all warm and fuzzy :cheese:

:eek:

I only hope they don't delay it again. :dozey:

I said:

"now you've made the cockels of heart all warm and fuzzy "

dont make me go all stabby on you cuz you're suggesting they'll delay it ...I cant stands the emotional rollercoaster

* Stern mumbles to himself: elation rising, rising!!! ... need to stab leaving, leaving, leaving, ......gone*

jk: I wouldnt go all stabby ..I'd just give you a Stern talking to ...oh somebody just release the damn demo before I lose what's left of my mind!

CptStern said:
...I cant stands the emotional rollercoaster
I will remember that!

IT WILL BE OUT TOMORROW!
IT WILL BE GREAT!

:angel:

I didn't mean the WW2 thing, i'm fine with that, its just that its another Medal Of Honor game and those games are always scripted to death, and very tedious. I don't want to play

MEDAL OF HONOR: ALLIED VACATION

I grew out of the Medal Of Honor games after Allied Assault. WW2 games are fine though, no problem with them

Sparta said:
Does anyone else, NOT care about this?

Me. MoHAA was a pretty horrible game. And so was every MoH game on console and pc.

Seriously, it sucked, it just f*cking sucked, I mean, I could have made a better D-Day landing mission, hell, I did make a better one (for OFP) I don't get what people found so great about that mission, it was awful.

O yeah, another thing to be joyful about: the next MoH game will be in WW2 Europe again!

Sparta said:
I didn't mean the WW2 thing, i'm fine with that, its just that its another Medal Of Honor game and those games are always scripted to death, and very tedious. I don't want to play

MEDAL OF HONOR: ALLIED VACATION

I grew out of the Medal Of Honor games after Allied Assault. WW2 games are fine though, no problem with them

MoHAA was the first of it's genre, it's unfair to compare it to other games that came out after it. Sure it was heavily scripted but for it's time it was a great game.

PvtRyan said:
O yeah, another thing to be joyful about: the next MoH game will be in WW2 Europe again!

the next game is pacific assault; unless you're talking about the next next MoH game :)

Man, some people really missed out on AA when it was first released apparently. I remember seeing the E3 presentation of the Normandy mission and just being floored. NOBODY had done anything like that before.

the omaha beach level left me speechless. I let a non-gaming friend of mine play that level (his first pc fps) and he absolutely loved it...had to pry him off my computer.

Back